EGDACCESS_1062.dll

Hi, I keep getting the message "EGDACCESS_1062.dll specified module cannot be
found" everytime I boot up. It doesn't appear to do anything just annoying to
click off all the time. So can I get rid of it?
I'm not particularly comp. literate .....so you may have to think down a bit
--
Ross
6 answers Last reply

    ross cosgrove wrote:
    > Hi, I keep getting the message "EGDACCESS_1062.dll specified module cannot be
    > found" everytime I boot up. It doesn't appear to do anything just annoying to
    > click off all the time. So can I get rid of it?
    > I'm not particularly comp. literate .....so you may have to think down a bit

    There isn't much information on this file through a google search which
    suggests it could be malware.

    I would recommend you don't download anything for pcbutts1 site. Only
    download programs from the vendor's site or from a known good source,
    such as those I've listed. Also please do not post a HijackThis log
    here. This is not place for it. If you need to run HJT, then post the
    log to one of the specialty forums I list further on in this message.

    Also know there are some good forums to post to for virus problems
    including the following:

    microsoft.public.scripting.virus.discussion
    microsoft.public.security.virus
    alt.comp.virus
    alt.comp.anti-virus

    For viruses, start with Trend Micro’s Sysclean and McAfee’s Stinger.
    Download them and the Sysclean signature file. Delete the temporary
    internet files, turn off system restore, boot into safe mode and run
    them. Boot back into normal mode and run a full AV scan with your
    normal AV program. Then turn system restore back on.

    Trend Micro Sysclean

    Trend Micro Signature File

    McAfee AVert Stinger Virus Removal Tool
    http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/

    You should also regularly run at least two of these online scans in
    addition to your regular up to date AV program:

    Online and Downloadable Virus Scanning:

    Panda ActiveScan

    Bit Defender Online Virus Scan:
    http://www.bitdefender.com/scan/license.php

    Symantec Online Virus and Security Scan:
    http://security.symantec.com/ssc/home.asp

    TrendMicro:

    McAfee Online Virus Scan:
    http://www.mcafee.com/myapps/mfs/default.asp

    RAV AntiVirus - Scan Online
    http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/

    F-Secure:
    http://support.f-secure.com/enu/home/ols.shtml

    After that if the system isn't clean scan for other malware.

    Run these programs to check for spyware/malware. After installing
    update them, then boot into safe mode and run them. You should update
    and run them weekly.

    Cwshredder

    Ad-aware SE
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com

    Spybot Search and Destroy
    http://www.safer-networking.org

    Bazooka Adware and Spyware Scanner
    http://download.com.com

    If you’re still having problems after running these then run HijackThis
    and post the log to one of the specialty forums, _NOT_ this one.

    HijackThis

    Forums to Interpret HijackThis Logs:

    http://www.spywareinfo.com/forums/
    http://forums.tomcoyote.org/
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/

    After your system is clean use these programs to help keep it clean:

    Spywareblaster
    www.javacoolsoftware.com/sbdownload.html

    Spywareguard
    http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/sgdownload.html

    IE-SPYAD
    http://www.staff.uiuc.edu

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Download, install, update and run all of the following.

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/aawsepersonal.exe

    Spybot search and destroy
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/spybotsd14.exe

    Ewido Security Suite Trial version

    Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta1)
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=321CD7A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en

    a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to this group so that
    I can analyze it. Ignore anyone who tells you to post it elsewhere. I need
    to see it not them.

    HijackThis

    "ross cosgrove" <rosspco@hotmail.com(donotspam)> wrote in message
    > Hi, I keep getting the message "EGDACCESS_1062.dll specified module cannot
    > be
    > found" everytime I boot up. It doesn't appear to do anything just annoying
    > click off all the time. So can I get rid of it?
    > I'm not particularly comp. literate .....so you may have to think down a
    > bit
    > --
    > Ross

    Ignore anything posted by Rock . I am a licensed reseller of everything I
    offer on my site and an official mirror for def updates , he is not and he
    is jealous of that fact. I am also a hjt expert and moderate several forums
    including one of the ones listed by Rock unbeknown to him. He has no idea
    who I am. It is perfectly legal and ok to post your log here despite what he
    or anybody says. This is a public forum moderated by no-one. If you want
    your problem fixed post your log here.

    "ross cosgrove" <rosspco@hotmail.com(donotspam)> wrote in message
    > Hi, I keep getting the message "EGDACCESS_1062.dll specified module cannot
    > be
    > found" everytime I boot up. It doesn't appear to do anything just annoying
    > click off all the time. So can I get rid of it?
    > I'm not particularly comp. literate .....so you may have to think down a
    > bit
    > --
    > Ross

    TSpyb I'll give these things a go so far Adaware/Symantec/Spybot haven,t got
    rid of it
    Ross

    ross cosgrove wrote:

    > TSpyb I'll give these things a go so far Adaware/Symantec/Spybot haven,t got
    > rid of it
    > Ross
    >

    > "pcbutts1" wrote:
    >

    >>Ignore anything posted by Rock . I am a licensed reseller of everything I
    >>offer on my site and an official mirror for def updates , he is not and he
    >>is jealous of that fact. I am also a hjt expert and moderate several forums
    >>including one of the ones listed by Rock unbeknown to him. He has no idea
    >>who I am. It is perfectly legal and ok to post your log here despite what he
    >>or anybody says. This is a public forum moderated by no-one. If you want
    >>your problem fixed post your log here.
    >>
    >>--
    >>

    >>The best live web video on the internet http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
    >>NEW Embedded system W/Linux. We now sell DVR cards.
    >>See it all at http://www.seedsv.com/products.htm
    >>Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com
    >>

    >>"ross cosgrove" <rosspco@hotmail.com(donotspam)> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Hi, I keep getting the message "EGDACCESS_1062.dll specified module cannot
    >>>be
    >>>found" everytime I boot up. It doesn't appear to do anything just annoying
    >>>click off all the time. So can I get rid of it?
    >>>I'm not particularly comp. literate .....so you may have to think down a
    >>>bit
    >>>--
    >>>Ross

    If you want to trust your system to pcbutts1 go ahead but at your own
    risk. Just don't post Hijackthis logs in this forum. And if you have
    any common sense, after reading his posts you will know not to trust
    him. He has no credibility. Anyone who has to spend time trying to
    spout accolades about their abilities instead of letting their work talk
    for them isn't worth much at all.

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 19:27:02 -0700, "ross cosgrove"

    >Hi, I keep getting the message "EGDACCESS_1062.dll specified module cannot be
    >found" everytime I boot up. It doesn't appear to do anything just annoying to
    >click off all the time. So can I get rid of it?
    >I'm not particularly comp. literate .....so you may have to think down a bit

    I've just wrapped up one of those; it started after a formal malware
    scan whacked the DLL as commercial malware ("Instant Access").

    I used HiJackThis to find references to it; 1 in HKLM..Run and 2 as
    "Downloaded Program Files", suggesting it was a web infection.

    Forget http://cquirke.blogspot.com and check out a
    better one at http://topicdrift.blogspot.com instead!

Microsoft DLL Windows XP