Hi, I keep getting the message "EGDACCESS_1062.dll specified module cannot be
found" everytime I boot up. It doesn't appear to do anything just annoying to
click off all the time. So can I get rid of it?
I'm not particularly comp. literate .....so you may have to think down a bit
--
Ross

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

ross cosgrove wrote:
> Hi, I keep getting the message "EGDACCESS_1062.dll specified module cannot be
> found" everytime I boot up. It doesn't appear to do anything just annoying to
> click off all the time. So can I get rid of it?
> I'm not particularly comp. literate .....so you may have to think down a bit

There isn't much information on this file through a google search which
suggests it could be malware.

I would recommend you don't download anything for pcbutts1 site. Only
download programs from the vendor's site or from a known good source,
such as those I've listed. Also please do not post a HijackThis log
here. This is not place for it. If you need to run HJT, then post the
log to one of the specialty forums I list further on in this message.

Also know there are some good forums to post to for virus problems
including the following:

microsoft.public.scripting.virus.discussion
microsoft.public.security.virus
alt.comp.virus
alt.comp.anti-virus

For viruses, start with Trend Micro’s Sysclean and McAfee’s Stinger.
Download them and the Sysclean signature file. Delete the temporary
internet files, turn off system restore, boot into safe mode and run
them. Boot back into normal mode and run a full AV scan with your
normal AV program. Then turn system restore back on.

Trend Micro Sysclean

Trend Micro Signature File

McAfee AVert Stinger Virus Removal Tool
http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/

You should also regularly run at least two of these online scans in
addition to your regular up to date AV program:

Online and Downloadable Virus Scanning:

Panda ActiveScan

Bit Defender Online Virus Scan:
http://www.bitdefender.com/scan/license.php

Symantec Online Virus and Security Scan:
http://security.symantec.com/ssc/home.asp

TrendMicro:

McAfee Online Virus Scan:
http://www.mcafee.com/myapps/mfs/default.asp

RAV AntiVirus - Scan Online
http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/

F-Secure:
http://support.f-secure.com/enu/home/ols.shtml

After that if the system isn't clean scan for other malware.

Run these programs to check for spyware/malware. After installing
update them, then boot into safe mode and run them. You should update
and run them weekly.

Cwshredder

Ad-aware SE
http://www.lavasoftusa.com

Spybot Search and Destroy
http://www.safer-networking.org

Bazooka Adware and Spyware Scanner
http://download.com.com

If you’re still having problems after running these then run HijackThis
and post the log to one of the specialty forums, _NOT_ this one.

HijackThis

Forums to Interpret HijackThis Logs:

http://www.spywareinfo.com/forums/
http://forums.tomcoyote.org/
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/

After your system is clean use these programs to help keep it clean:

Spywareblaster
www.javacoolsoftware.com/sbdownload.html

Spywareguard
http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/sgdownload.html

IE-SPYAD
http://www.staff.uiuc.edu

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Download, install, update and run all of the following.

Ad-Aware
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/aawsepersonal.exe

Spybot search and destroy
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/spybotsd14.exe

Ewido Security Suite Trial version

Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta1)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=321CD7A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en

a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to this group so that
I can analyze it. Ignore anyone who tells you to post it elsewhere. I need
to see it not them.

HijackThis

"ross cosgrove" <rosspco@hotmail.com(donotspam)> wrote in message
> Hi, I keep getting the message "EGDACCESS_1062.dll specified module cannot
> be
> found" everytime I boot up. It doesn't appear to do anything just annoying
> click off all the time. So can I get rid of it?
> I'm not particularly comp. literate .....so you may have to think down a
> bit
> --
> Ross

Ignore anything posted by Rock . I am a licensed reseller of everything I
offer on my site and an official mirror for def updates , he is not and he
is jealous of that fact. I am also a hjt expert and moderate several forums
including one of the ones listed by Rock unbeknown to him. He has no idea
who I am. It is perfectly legal and ok to post your log here despite what he
or anybody says. This is a public forum moderated by no-one. If you want
your problem fixed post your log here.

"ross cosgrove" <rosspco@hotmail.com(donotspam)> wrote in message
> Hi, I keep getting the message "EGDACCESS_1062.dll specified module cannot
> be
> found" everytime I boot up. It doesn't appear to do anything just annoying
> click off all the time. So can I get rid of it?
> I'm not particularly comp. literate .....so you may have to think down a
> bit
> --
> Ross

TSpyb I'll give these things a go so far Adaware/Symantec/Spybot haven,t got
rid of it
Ross

"pcbutts1" wrote:

> Ignore anything posted by Rock . I am a licensed reseller of everything I
> offer on my site and an official mirror for def updates , he is not and he
> is jealous of that fact. I am also a hjt expert and moderate several forums
> including one of the ones listed by Rock unbeknown to him. He has no idea
> who I am. It is perfectly legal and ok to post your log here despite what he
> or anybody says. This is a public forum moderated by no-one. If you want
> your problem fixed post your log here.

> "ross cosgrove" <rosspco@hotmail.com(donotspam)> wrote in message
> > Hi, I keep getting the message "EGDACCESS_1062.dll specified module cannot
> > be
> > found" everytime I boot up. It doesn't appear to do anything just annoying
> > click off all the time. So can I get rid of it?
> > I'm not particularly comp. literate .....so you may have to think down a
> > bit
> > --
> > Ross

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

ross cosgrove wrote:

> TSpyb I'll give these things a go so far Adaware/Symantec/Spybot haven,t got
> rid of it
> Ross
>

> "pcbutts1" wrote:
>

>>Ignore anything posted by Rock . I am a licensed reseller of everything I
>>offer on my site and an official mirror for def updates , he is not and he
>>is jealous of that fact. I am also a hjt expert and moderate several forums
>>including one of the ones listed by Rock unbeknown to him. He has no idea
>>who I am. It is perfectly legal and ok to post your log here despite what he
>>or anybody says. This is a public forum moderated by no-one. If you want
>>your problem fixed post your log here.
>>
>>--
>>

>>The best live web video on the internet http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
>>NEW Embedded system W/Linux. We now sell DVR cards.
>>See it all at http://www.seedsv.com/products.htm
>>Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com
>>

>>"ross cosgrove" <rosspco@hotmail.com(donotspam)> wrote in message
>>
>>>Hi, I keep getting the message "EGDACCESS_1062.dll specified module cannot
>>>be
>>>found" everytime I boot up. It doesn't appear to do anything just annoying
>>>click off all the time. So can I get rid of it?
>>>I'm not particularly comp. literate .....so you may have to think down a
>>>bit
>>>--
>>>Ross

If you want to trust your system to pcbutts1 go ahead but at your own
risk. Just don't post Hijackthis logs in this forum. And if you have
any common sense, after reading his posts you will know not to trust
him. He has no credibility. Anyone who has to spend time trying to
spout accolades about their abilities instead of letting their work talk
for them isn't worth much at all.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 19:27:02 -0700, "ross cosgrove"

>Hi, I keep getting the message "EGDACCESS_1062.dll specified module cannot be
>found" everytime I boot up. It doesn't appear to do anything just annoying to
>click off all the time. So can I get rid of it?
>I'm not particularly comp. literate .....so you may have to think down a bit

I've just wrapped up one of those; it started after a formal malware
scan whacked the DLL as commercial malware ("Instant Access").

I used HiJackThis to find references to it; 1 in HKLM..Run and 2 as
"Downloaded Program Files", suggesting it was a web infection.

Forget http://cquirke.blogspot.com and check out a
better one at http://topicdrift.blogspot.com instead!