antonio

Is there a way to capture the time a program is opened on the desk top and
the time it is closed?
Example,
The user Clicks on a short cut on the desk top that opens Microsoft Acces or
Powerpoint...or, Solitaire.
The application and date, time the thing is opened and closed is noted in a
text file saved on the C drive (My Docments, wherever)

Does windows already have something like this in the program files?
Is this the right news group for such an idea?

TIA

Since you're using Office, I believe that the Journal function will do that
for you. I'm not real familiar with it, but I've accessed it through Outlook
and it has the ability to track all Office programs.

Also, there's software available for this on the web, but I can't recall
exactly where. You might try a google search for something like auditing or
project software.

"Antonio" wrote:

> Is there a way to capture the time a program is opened on the desk top and
> the time it is closed?
> Example,
> The user Clicks on a short cut on the desk top that opens Microsoft Acces or
> Powerpoint...or, Solitaire.
> The application and date, time the thing is opened and closed is noted in a
> text file saved on the C drive (My Docments, wherever)
>
> Does windows already have something like this in the program files?
> Is this the right news group for such an idea?
>
> TIA

HOW TO: Audit User Access of Files, Folders, and Printers in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310399&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Antonio" wrote:

| Is there a way to capture the time a program is opened on the desk top and
| the time it is closed?
| Example,
| The user Clicks on a short cut on the desk top that opens Microsoft Acces or
| Powerpoint...or, Solitaire.
| The application and date, time the thing is opened and closed is noted in a
| text file saved on the C drive (My Docments, wherever)
|
| Does windows already have something like this in the program files?
| Is this the right news group for such an idea?
|
| TIA

TRENDING THREADS