30 day rebate

What is the Email address for Dell to receive the rebate for a price drop
within the
30 day from invoice date time frame?

Don

hh

Never heard of any such rebate. You can return the PC for any reason within
30 days, though.
HH

"Don Cole" <doncole36@allnet.com> wrote in message
> What is the Email address for Dell to receive the rebate for a price drop
> within the
> 30 day from invoice date time frame?
>
> Don

This is what they have posted on DellTalk:

"While we don't have price guarantees or a price protections policy, we do
realize that prices and components change very rapidly in this industry and
as a concession we allow Home and Small Business customers to request a
rebate within their first 30 days from the invoice date (or 14 days for a
refurbished system) by contacting Dell's customer service at 800-624-9897,
send an email to csd@dell.com or post a message on the Credit and Return
forum of Delltalk. This rebate is usually the amount of the difference,
although not always, as it's done on a exact component by exact component
basis and as we may change vendors of some components from time to time, our
cost may go up or down. The group responsible for processing the rebates
will compare the price for which you were invoiced to the price from their
most current price list. They compare exact part numbers to exact part
numbers.

If the comparison results in a net amount over $50, you will be refunded
this amount via the same method that you paid for the system (credit card,
etc) usually within 10-15 business days. If you're leasing your system, the
rebate amount will be applied to the back end of the lease.
If you are creating a quote via the Dell Store on our website to see if your
system has decreased in price, please go to " print view " and compare the
part numbers listed on your invoice to the part numbers listed on our
website. Make sure all part numbers are identical. If they are not, it may
be because it's a promotional item which would not apply to rebates.

You may only make this request once and it must be within 30 days from the
date of the invoice. This information is valid for Dell USA Home Sales
Division customers."

"Don Cole" <doncole36@allnet.com> wrote in message
> What is the Email address for Dell to receive the rebate for a price drop
> within the
> 30 day from invoice date time frame?
>
> Don

That used to be true - now it's 21 days.

"Edward J. Neth" <ejn63@netscape.com> wrote in message
> That used to be true - now it's 21 days.

<snip>

Get outta town. Since when, do you know?

Are the Dell Outlet systems reduced from their 15-day satisfaction policy
also?

Stew

hh

Hmmm. Lemme know when it gets down to minutes.....;:cool:
Hh

"Edward J. Neth" <ejn63@netscape.com> wrote in message
> That used to be true - now it's 21 days.
>

> "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Never heard of any such rebate. You can return the PC for any reason
> within
> > 30 days, though.
> > HH

"Edward J. Neth" <ejn63@netscape.com> wrote:

>"HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote

>>Never heard of any such rebate. You can return the PC for any reason within
>>30 days, though.

>That used to be true - now it's 21 days.

Y'all are talking returns, versus the OP's query about a price
protection rebate. Quoting from the first entry in the Dell Talk
"Community Forum"'s Customer Care - Credit and Return section,
shows that Edward Neth is right on the *return* request, it is 21
days after invoice, but the courtesy price protection scheme
remains at 30 days from the invoice date. This 30 days agrees
with Joe_Tide's quote from another section of Dell Talk, which
gives more details on exactly what qualifies for price
protection, computer configuration-wise.

"Return Requests

If you post requesting to return a product within 21 days of the
invoice date, you will be referred to the phones or e-mail to set
this up. Moderators do not set up returns.

1-800-624-9897 ext 66966 if ordered through home and home office
1-800-624-9897 ext 68938 if ordered through small business
For other division phone #'s please go online to the contact us
page.

*Please note that once a product is received back at Dell, we
have 30 days to issue credit back to the original form of
payment. It usually takes us less time than this, but please make
sure it's been at least 5 days since your package was delivered
back at Dell before you request status on your credit.*

Price Protections

You have 30 days from your invoice date to call Dell and request
that a price protection be run on your system. Although this is
not a Dell policy, it is a courtesy that Dell provides. If the
overall price of your system drops over $50, Dell will credit
back the difference to your original form of payment. Promotions
and special offers are not included when the price protection
rebate is run. The price protection is a one time offer.

****Once the moderator runs the price protection and replies to
you they cannot run or reprocess it again. If there is no price
protection rebate due and you feel that there is because you see
a different price online, please remember that promotions and
special offers are not included in the price protection.
Moderators will not reply to requests that are asking them to
re-run a price protection rebate that has already been run. ****

Message Edited by DELL-Jeanetta on 04-02-2004 01:01 PM

Message Edited by DELL-Jeanetta on 04-05-2004 01:25 PM"
--
OJ III
[Email sent to Yahoo address is burned before reading.

"Ogden Johnson III" <oj3usmc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "Edward J. Neth" <ejn63@netscape.com> wrote:
>
> >"HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote
>
> >>Never heard of any such rebate. You can return the PC for any reason
within
> >>30 days, though.
>
> >That used to be true - now it's 21 days.
>
> Y'all are talking returns, versus the OP's query about a price
> protection rebate. Quoting from the first entry in the Dell Talk
> "Community Forum"'s Customer Care - Credit and Return section,
> shows that Edward Neth is right on the *return* request, it is 21
> days after invoice, but the courtesy price protection scheme
> remains at 30 days from the invoice date. This 30 days agrees
> with Joe_Tide's quote from another section of Dell Talk, which
> gives more details on exactly what qualifies for price
> protection, computer configuration-wise.

<snip>

The suggested system return/exchange policy change from 30 days to 21 I
consider to be no small matter, as that has been a fundamental part of what
Dell has offered for quite some time.

That's a significant shift and reduction that anyone considering a purchase
should be aware of.

Stew

"S.Lewis" <stew1960@mail.com> wrote:

>"Ogden Johnson III" <oj3usmc@yahoo.com> wrote

>> "Edward J. Neth" <ejn63@netscape.com> wrote:

>> >"HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote

>>>That used to be true - now it's 21 days.

>> Y'all are talking returns, versus the OP's query about a price
>> protection rebate. Quoting from the first entry in the Dell Talk
>> "Community Forum"'s Customer Care - Credit and Return section,
>> shows that Edward Neth is right on the *return* request, it is 21
>> days after invoice, but the courtesy price protection scheme
>> remains at 30 days from the invoice date. This 30 days agrees
>> with Joe_Tide's quote from another section of Dell Talk, which
>> gives more details on exactly what qualifies for price
>> protection, computer configuration-wise.

><snip>

>The suggested system return/exchange policy change from 30 days to 21 I
>consider to be no small matter, as that has been a fundamental part of what
>Dell has offered for quite some time.
>
>That's a significant shift and reduction that anyone considering a purchase
>should be aware of.

I fully agree, Stew, which is why I printed the return portion of
that capture from Dell's site, as well as the price protection
policy that was the original poster's question.

Which brings up a third thought I had last night regarding the
OP's post and didn't make specific in my followup. Rather than
emailing, the OP should go to the link I provided and print that
section out himself. And, if he can find the source of the
quoted material Joe_Tide posted, he should print that out. With
those in hand, and if I were him, I would first check the exact
configuration/components of *my* machine versus the lower priced
one he found, as outlined in the Joe_Tide extract. Should his
situation meet the requirements - systems match and the price
difference is greater than $50, I would *call* Dell Sales,
invoice and those policy extracts at hand, as well as the
printouts of the lower priced system and my notes on the
comparison I made; rather than emailing them. When the sales rep
figures out you have done your homework, and have chapter and
verse on every item at hand, he/she very likely will not put the
OP through much hassle, other than to confirm the figures the OP
has already checked out nine ways from Sunday, before processing
the rebate.
--
OJ III
[Email sent to Yahoo address is burned before reading.

Unless Dell publishes a 30-day price protection policy in writing, I
wouldn't put much stock in it.
Within the return period, you have the leverage of being able to return the
system if they balk at a price adjustment - after that, you don't have much
leverage.

Edward J. Neth wrote:
> Unless Dell publishes a 30-day price protection policy in writing, I
> wouldn't put much stock in it.

I haven't heard of any problems with it, but for the time being this
appears to be moot anyway. In my case, the price has always been higher
in the month after purchase (I just bought my 5th Dell). In fact it
appears that recently Dell has raised the prices on all their systems
and LCD monitors as well. The Dimesion 8300 I paid $960 for back in
February hasn't been less than $1300 since mid-March.

And in any case, for the price protection to apply, the less expensive
computer has to be configured identically and the price difference, not
including rebates and special offers, has to be $50 or greater (or maybe
just greater than $50.)

Rocky