Dimension 4700 observations.

1) CPU fan actually pulls air IN over the heatsink versus other Dimensions
which exhaust the heated air.

2) No resource CD included with the system, only the diags on the utility
partition.

3) New (to me) "Create a Restore CD" entry in the start/all programs menu.
I created one for the owner in addition to the OS CD and the hard disk
restore function, as it's always better to have more choices than fewer I
suppose.

4) Rockin' little machine once all the bloatware was removed (2.8GHz
Prescott with 512mb DDR2).

Stew

So they are still shipping the OS CD?

> So they are still shipping the OS CD?

Yep. Had that plus modem driver and RecordNow! disc. 3 total, think that
was about it. I was a bit surprised.

Stew

Jd

nice to here some good things about dell for a change. they get bashed
around a bit on these boards.

| So they are still shipping the OS CD?

Just an interesting (I thought anyway ;-) note. I got my Dimension 8400
Media Center a couple of weeks ago which came with "Microsoft Windows XP
Media Center Edition 2005" on a DVD. Something of a new twist. It looks and
acts like any other XP Pro CD with a few new directories here and there for
the Media Center stuff.

A BTW for S.Lewis, I too received no "Drivers and Utilities" disc. I
e-mailed Support and they are shipping me one. In the mean time I went and
downloaded all the drivers for this computer and put them on a CD.

Remove shoes to E-mail.