Outlook express Blocked pictures

August 23, 2005 1:19:02 AM

I received an email with pictures in the body of the email-not as
attachments. The pics were blocked. I clicked to download the images, but
nothing happened. I then went to tool/options/security/download images and
unchecked the block pictures option and tried again, with no success. If the
sender re emails me will I be able to see the pics? Or will he have to resend
them as a JPG or bit map image attachment?

Thanks
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 1:33:49 AM

Your post is vague. If you received pics in a message body, did you see
them? If you didn't, did you see a red X? You clicked Download Images? If
there is nothing to see, you can't download them. And if you could se the
pics, Right click and Save picture as is the correct way to save.

Outlook Express Specific Newsgroup:

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP - (IE/OE)
~IB-CA~

"sandy" <sandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I received an email with pictures in the body of the email-not as
> attachments. The pics were blocked. I clicked to download the images, but
> nothing happened. I then went to tool/options/security/download images and
> unchecked the block pictures option and tried again, with no success. If
> the
> sender re emails me will I be able to see the pics? Or will he have to
> resend
> them as a JPG or bit map image attachment?
>
> Thanks
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 2:07:01 AM

Sandy, do you mean that you have a link in the email message which on
clicking opens the image ? I am sending you a link which has lot of solutions
given which are similar to the issue you face. Go through the link and check
which one matches exactly to your query. Here is the link:

http://www.infopackets.com/channels/en/windows/gazette/...

"sandy" wrote:

> I received an email with pictures in the body of the email-not as
> attachments. The pics were blocked. I clicked to download the images, but
> nothing happened. I then went to tool/options/security/download images and
> unchecked the block pictures option and tried again, with no success. If the
> sender re emails me will I be able to see the pics? Or will he have to resend
> them as a JPG or bit map image attachment?
>
> Thanks
Related resources
August 23, 2005 2:09:01 AM

Sorry my post was vague. The "images" were black boxes with a red X inside. I
clicked on the message to download the images, but the boxes with the red
images did not change into pictures. Then I went through the other steps,
again without successfully being able to download the images. I hope this
clarified my post- I apologize for not explaining this problem well. Per haps
it's because I'm on the east coast.

Thanks for replying, and thanks for your patience

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

> Your post is vague. If you received pics in a message body, did you see
> them? If you didn't, did you see a red X? You clicked Download Images? If
> there is nothing to see, you can't download them. And if you could se the
> pics, Right click and Save picture as is the correct way to save.
>
> Outlook Express Specific Newsgroup:
>
> Bruce Hagen
> MS-MVP - (IE/OE)
> ~IB-CA~
>
> "sandy" <sandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I received an email with pictures in the body of the email-not as
> > attachments. The pics were blocked. I clicked to download the images, but
> > nothing happened. I then went to tool/options/security/download images and
> > unchecked the block pictures option and tried again, with no success. If
> > the
> > sender re emails me will I be able to see the pics? Or will he have to
> > resend
> > them as a JPG or bit map image attachment?
> >
> > Thanks

August 23, 2005 2:39:02 AM

Jason, Thanks for the links. The email was from a friend who imbedded the
pictures into the body of the email- they were not attachments. Abox above
the body of the message said the images were blocked and to click "here" to
download the images. I clicked, but the boxes with the red X did not change.
The link you sent had many different solutions, but none seemed appropriate.
I did, however, try them all, and none worked. Do you think if they are sent
as an attachment I will be able to see them? (again as a JPG or bitmap) I
don't know how he imbedded them in the body of the meesage. I can only state
that I've almost never had trouble opening a picture that was sent as an
attachment. Thanks- Sandy

"Jason_thekiller" wrote:

> Sandy, do you mean that you have a link in the email message which on
> clicking opens the image ? I am sending you a link which has lot of solutions
> given which are similar to the issue you face. Go through the link and check
> which one matches exactly to your query. Here is the link:
>
> http://www.infopackets.com/channels/en/windows/gazette/...
>

> "sandy" wrote:
>
> > I received an email with pictures in the body of the email-not as
> > attachments. The pics were blocked. I clicked to download the images, but
> > nothing happened. I then went to tool/options/security/download images and
> > unchecked the block pictures option and tried again, with no success. If the
> > sender re emails me will I be able to see the pics? Or will he have to resend
> > them as a JPG or bit map image attachment?
> >
> > Thanks
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 11:45:00 AM

Where the pictures actually sent with the email?
File, Properties, Details tab, Message Source
Are there several lines of code at the end of Message Source?

Or File, Properties, what is the size of the email?
--
Ron Sommer

> Jason, Thanks for the links. The email was from a friend who imbedded the
> pictures into the body of the email- they were not attachments. Abox above
> the body of the message said the images were blocked and to click "here"
> download the images. I clicked, but the boxes with the red X did not
> change.
> The link you sent had many different solutions, but none seemed
> appropriate.
> I did, however, try them all, and none worked. Do you think if they are
> sent
> as an attachment I will be able to see them? (again as a JPG or bitmap) I
> don't know how he imbedded them in the body of the meesage. I can only
> state
> that I've almost never had trouble opening a picture that was sent as an
> attachment. Thanks- Sandy
>
> "Jason_thekiller" wrote:
>
>> Sandy, do you mean that you have a link in the email message which on
>> clicking opens the image ? I am sending you a link which has lot of
>> solutions
>> given which are similar to the issue you face. Go through the link and
>> check
>> which one matches exactly to your query. Here is the link:
>>
>> http://www.infopackets.com/channels/en/windows/gazette/...
>>

>> "sandy" wrote:
>>
>> > I received an email with pictures in the body of the email-not as
>> > attachments. The pics were blocked. I clicked to download the images,
>> > but
>> > nothing happened. I then went to tool/options/security/download images
>> > and
>> > unchecked the block pictures option and tried again, with no success.
>> > If the
>> > sender re emails me will I be able to see the pics? Or will he have to
>> > resend
>> > them as a JPG or bit map image attachment?
>> >
>> > Thanks
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 11:49:44 AM

There are a few possibilities. Some are on the sender's end, and some may be
on your end.

See these links for information:

http://www.fjsmjs.com/IE/redx.htm
And:
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/faqs/why.htm#nopreview
And:
http://www.oehelp.com/noimg.aspx
And:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=246186

> Sorry my post was vague. The "images" were black boxes with a red X
> inside. I
> clicked on the message to download the images, but the boxes with the red
> images did not change into pictures. Then I went through the other steps,
> again without successfully being able to download the images. I hope this
> clarified my post- I apologize for not explaining this problem well. Per
> haps
> it's because I'm on the east coast.
>
> Thanks for replying, and thanks for your patience
>
> "Bruce Hagen" wrote:
>
>> Your post is vague. If you received pics in a message body, did you see
>> them? If you didn't, did you see a red X? You clicked Download Images? If
>> there is nothing to see, you can't download them. And if you could se the
>> pics, Right click and Save picture as is the correct way to save.
>>
>> Outlook Express Specific Newsgroup:
>>
>> Bruce Hagen
>> MS-MVP - (IE/OE)
>> ~IB-CA~
>>
>> "sandy" <sandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I received an email with pictures in the body of the email-not as
>> > attachments. The pics were blocked. I clicked to download the images,
>> > but
>> > nothing happened. I then went to tool/options/security/download images
>> > and
>> > unchecked the block pictures option and tried again, with no success.
>> > If
>> > the
>> > sender re emails me will I be able to see the pics? Or will he have to
>> > resend
>> > them as a JPG or bit map image attachment?
>> >
>> > Thanks

Anonymous
August 23, 2005 11:50:30 AM

When my son sends me photos of his new home he adds the .jpg files as
attachments. The photos still show up in the message body. He is sending
then via Outlook Express. What is used to perform the send "may" have an
impact on what you see. I really can't say as everyone I know sends to me
through Outlook Express.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from: George Ankner

"sandy" <sandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Jason, Thanks for the links. The email was from a friend who imbedded the
> pictures into the body of the email- they were not attachments. Abox above
> the body of the message said the images were blocked and to click "here"
> download the images. I clicked, but the boxes with the red X did not
> change.
> The link you sent had many different solutions, but none seemed
> appropriate.
> I did, however, try them all, and none worked. Do you think if they are
> sent
> as an attachment I will be able to see them? (again as a JPG or bitmap) I
> don't know how he imbedded them in the body of the meesage. I can only
> state
> that I've almost never had trouble opening a picture that was sent as an
> attachment. Thanks- Sandy
>
> "Jason_thekiller" wrote:
>
>> Sandy, do you mean that you have a link in the email message which on
>> clicking opens the image ? I am sending you a link which has lot of
>> solutions
>> given which are similar to the issue you face. Go through the link and
>> check
>> which one matches exactly to your query. Here is the link:
>>
>> http://www.infopackets.com/channels/en/windows/gazette/...
>>

>> "sandy" wrote:
>>
>> > I received an email with pictures in the body of the email-not as
>> > attachments. The pics were blocked. I clicked to download the images,
>> > but
>> > nothing happened. I then went to tool/options/security/download images
>> > and
>> > unchecked the block pictures option and tried again, with no success.
>> > If the
>> > sender re emails me will I be able to see the pics? Or will he have to
>> > resend
>> > them as a JPG or bit map image attachment?
>> >
>> > Thanks
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 8:48:46 PM

Send yourself an HTML message with inserted/embedded pix. If you can view
them in the received message, the problem isn't on your end.

OE Tools > Options > Sending > Mail Sending Format > HTML > Send pictures
with messages (this option must be enabled)
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

!