Outlook express Blocked pictures

I received an email with pictures in the body of the email-not as
attachments. The pics were blocked. I clicked to download the images, but
nothing happened. I then went to tool/options/security/download images and
unchecked the block pictures option and tried again, with no success. If the
sender re emails me will I be able to see the pics? Or will he have to resend
them as a JPG or bit map image attachment?

Thanks
8 answers Last reply
More about outlook express blocked pictures

    Your post is vague. If you received pics in a message body, did you see
    them? If you didn't, did you see a red X? You clicked Download Images? If
    there is nothing to see, you can't download them. And if you could se the
    pics, Right click and Save picture as is the correct way to save.

    Outlook Express Specific Newsgroup:

    Bruce Hagen
    MS-MVP - (IE/OE)
    ~IB-CA~

    "sandy" <sandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I received an email with pictures in the body of the email-not as
    > attachments. The pics were blocked. I clicked to download the images, but
    > nothing happened. I then went to tool/options/security/download images and
    > unchecked the block pictures option and tried again, with no success. If
    > the
    > sender re emails me will I be able to see the pics? Or will he have to
    > resend
    > them as a JPG or bit map image attachment?
    >
    > Thanks

    Sandy, do you mean that you have a link in the email message which on
    clicking opens the image ? I am sending you a link which has lot of solutions
    given which are similar to the issue you face. Go through the link and check
    which one matches exactly to your query. Here is the link:

    http://www.infopackets.com/channels/en/windows/gazette/2002/20021017_the_box_with_a_red_x_missing_pictures_in_outlook_express_part_2.htm

    "sandy" wrote:

    > I received an email with pictures in the body of the email-not as
    > attachments. The pics were blocked. I clicked to download the images, but
    > nothing happened. I then went to tool/options/security/download images and
    > unchecked the block pictures option and tried again, with no success. If the
    > sender re emails me will I be able to see the pics? Or will he have to resend
    > them as a JPG or bit map image attachment?
    >
    > Thanks

    Sorry my post was vague. The "images" were black boxes with a red X inside. I
    clicked on the message to download the images, but the boxes with the red
    images did not change into pictures. Then I went through the other steps,
    again without successfully being able to download the images. I hope this
    clarified my post- I apologize for not explaining this problem well. Per haps
    it's because I'm on the east coast.

    Thanks for replying, and thanks for your patience

    "Bruce Hagen" wrote:

    > Your post is vague. If you received pics in a message body, did you see
    > them? If you didn't, did you see a red X? You clicked Download Images? If
    > there is nothing to see, you can't download them. And if you could se the
    > pics, Right click and Save picture as is the correct way to save.
    >
    > Outlook Express Specific Newsgroup:
    >
    > Bruce Hagen
    > MS-MVP - (IE/OE)
    > ~IB-CA~
    >
    > "sandy" <sandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I received an email with pictures in the body of the email-not as
    > > attachments. The pics were blocked. I clicked to download the images, but
    > > nothing happened. I then went to tool/options/security/download images and
    > > unchecked the block pictures option and tried again, with no success. If
    > > the
    > > sender re emails me will I be able to see the pics? Or will he have to
    > > resend
    > > them as a JPG or bit map image attachment?
    > >
    > > Thanks

    Jason, Thanks for the links. The email was from a friend who imbedded the
    pictures into the body of the email- they were not attachments. Abox above
    the body of the message said the images were blocked and to click "here" to
    download the images. I clicked, but the boxes with the red X did not change.
    The link you sent had many different solutions, but none seemed appropriate.
    I did, however, try them all, and none worked. Do you think if they are sent
    as an attachment I will be able to see them? (again as a JPG or bitmap) I
    don't know how he imbedded them in the body of the meesage. I can only state
    that I've almost never had trouble opening a picture that was sent as an
    attachment. Thanks- Sandy

    "Jason_thekiller" wrote:

    > Sandy, do you mean that you have a link in the email message which on
    > clicking opens the image ? I am sending you a link which has lot of solutions
    > given which are similar to the issue you face. Go through the link and check
    > which one matches exactly to your query. Here is the link:
    >
    > http://www.infopackets.com/channels/en/windows/gazette/2002/20021017_the_box_with_a_red_x_missing_pictures_in_outlook_express_part_2.htm
    >

    > "sandy" wrote:
    >
    > > I received an email with pictures in the body of the email-not as
    > > attachments. The pics were blocked. I clicked to download the images, but
    > > nothing happened. I then went to tool/options/security/download images and
    > > unchecked the block pictures option and tried again, with no success. If the
    > > sender re emails me will I be able to see the pics? Or will he have to resend
    > > them as a JPG or bit map image attachment?
    > >
    > > Thanks

    Where the pictures actually sent with the email?
    File, Properties, Details tab, Message Source
    Are there several lines of code at the end of Message Source?

    Or File, Properties, what is the size of the email?
    --
    Ron Sommer

    > Jason, Thanks for the links. The email was from a friend who imbedded the
    > pictures into the body of the email- they were not attachments. Abox above
    > the body of the message said the images were blocked and to click "here"
    > download the images. I clicked, but the boxes with the red X did not
    > change.
    > The link you sent had many different solutions, but none seemed
    > appropriate.
    > I did, however, try them all, and none worked. Do you think if they are
    > sent
    > as an attachment I will be able to see them? (again as a JPG or bitmap) I
    > don't know how he imbedded them in the body of the meesage. I can only
    > state
    > that I've almost never had trouble opening a picture that was sent as an
    > attachment. Thanks- Sandy
    >
    > "Jason_thekiller" wrote:
    >
    >> Sandy, do you mean that you have a link in the email message which on
    >> clicking opens the image ? I am sending you a link which has lot of
    >> solutions
    >> given which are similar to the issue you face. Go through the link and
    >> check
    >> which one matches exactly to your query. Here is the link:
    >>
    >> http://www.infopackets.com/channels/en/windows/gazette/2002/20021017_the_box_with_a_red_x_missing_pictures_in_outlook_express_part_2.htm
    >>

    >> "sandy" wrote:
    >>
    >> > I received an email with pictures in the body of the email-not as
    >> > attachments. The pics were blocked. I clicked to download the images,
    >> > but
    >> > nothing happened. I then went to tool/options/security/download images
    >> > and
    >> > unchecked the block pictures option and tried again, with no success.
    >> > If the
    >> > sender re emails me will I be able to see the pics? Or will he have to
    >> > resend
    >> > them as a JPG or bit map image attachment?
    >> >
    >> > Thanks

    There are a few possibilities. Some are on the sender's end, and some may be
    on your end.

    See these links for information:

    http://www.fjsmjs.com/IE/redx.htm
    And:
    http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/faqs/why.htm#nopreview
    And:
    http://www.oehelp.com/noimg.aspx
    And:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=246186

    > Sorry my post was vague. The "images" were black boxes with a red X
    > inside. I
    > clicked on the message to download the images, but the boxes with the red
    > images did not change into pictures. Then I went through the other steps,
    > again without successfully being able to download the images. I hope this
    > clarified my post- I apologize for not explaining this problem well. Per
    > haps
    > it's because I'm on the east coast.
    >
    > Thanks for replying, and thanks for your patience
    >
    > "Bruce Hagen" wrote:
    >
    >> Your post is vague. If you received pics in a message body, did you see
    >> them? If you didn't, did you see a red X? You clicked Download Images? If
    >> there is nothing to see, you can't download them. And if you could se the
    >> pics, Right click and Save picture as is the correct way to save.
    >>
    >> Outlook Express Specific Newsgroup:
    >>
    >> Bruce Hagen
    >> MS-MVP - (IE/OE)
    >> ~IB-CA~
    >>
    >> "sandy" <sandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> >I received an email with pictures in the body of the email-not as
    >> > attachments. The pics were blocked. I clicked to download the images,
    >> > but
    >> > nothing happened. I then went to tool/options/security/download images
    >> > and
    >> > unchecked the block pictures option and tried again, with no success.
    >> > If
    >> > the
    >> > sender re emails me will I be able to see the pics? Or will he have to
    >> > resend
    >> > them as a JPG or bit map image attachment?
    >> >
    >> > Thanks

    When my son sends me photos of his new home he adds the .jpg files as
    attachments. The photos still show up in the message body. He is sending
    then via Outlook Express. What is used to perform the send "may" have an
    impact on what you see. I really can't say as everyone I know sends to me
    through Outlook Express.

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban
    Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

    Quote from: George Ankner

    "sandy" <sandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Jason, Thanks for the links. The email was from a friend who imbedded the
    > pictures into the body of the email- they were not attachments. Abox above
    > the body of the message said the images were blocked and to click "here"
    > download the images. I clicked, but the boxes with the red X did not
    > change.
    > The link you sent had many different solutions, but none seemed
    > appropriate.
    > I did, however, try them all, and none worked. Do you think if they are
    > sent
    > as an attachment I will be able to see them? (again as a JPG or bitmap) I
    > don't know how he imbedded them in the body of the meesage. I can only
    > state
    > that I've almost never had trouble opening a picture that was sent as an
    > attachment. Thanks- Sandy
    >
    > "Jason_thekiller" wrote:
    >
    >> Sandy, do you mean that you have a link in the email message which on
    >> clicking opens the image ? I am sending you a link which has lot of
    >> solutions
    >> given which are similar to the issue you face. Go through the link and
    >> check
    >> which one matches exactly to your query. Here is the link:
    >>
    >> http://www.infopackets.com/channels/en/windows/gazette/2002/20021017_the_box_with_a_red_x_missing_pictures_in_outlook_express_part_2.htm
    >>

    >> "sandy" wrote:
    >>
    >> > I received an email with pictures in the body of the email-not as
    >> > attachments. The pics were blocked. I clicked to download the images,
    >> > but
    >> > nothing happened. I then went to tool/options/security/download images
    >> > and
    >> > unchecked the block pictures option and tried again, with no success.
    >> > If the
    >> > sender re emails me will I be able to see the pics? Or will he have to
    >> > resend
    >> > them as a JPG or bit map image attachment?
    >> >
    >> > Thanks

    Send yourself an HTML message with inserted/embedded pix. If you can view
    them in the received message, the problem isn't on your end.

    OE Tools > Options > Sending > Mail Sending Format > HTML > Send pictures
    with messages (this option must be enabled)
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

    sandy wrote:
    > I received an email with pictures in the body of the email-not as
    > attachments. The pics were blocked. I clicked to download the images, but
    > nothing happened. I then went to tool/options/security/download images and
    > unchecked the block pictures option and tried again, with no success. If
    > the sender re emails me will I be able to see the pics? Or will he have
    > to resend them as a JPG or bit map image attachment?
    >
    > Thanks

Download Outlook Express Email Windows XP