Now to migrate the burner?

About 2-3 years ago when I bot my old machine which I love, I got a Yamaha
burner, paid about $100-$110 for it at Dr. Neth's suggestion ( to look no
further ) I didn't and I have not had a minutes trouble with the Yamaha. My
old one writes at 44, 24, and 4 etc .In several sickness and others moving
me my entire file or purchases and a few installation cd-roms have come up
missing. Among these is the Yamaha install disk.

When I went o Yamaha to look around I see their writers are the same price
as my old one. Besides it seems foolish to buy a new burner to get an
install cd. Is there any way I can just stick the hardware in the new
computer, tie the two together, or what?

What should I do guys?
Thanks a million
Robert

If the new system comes with a writer, its software should work with the
Yamaha writer as well.

Robert Hale wrote:
> About 2-3 years ago when I bot my old machine which I love, I got a Yamaha
> burner, paid about $100-$110 for it at Dr. Neth's suggestion ( to look no
> further ) I didn't and I have not had a minutes trouble with the Yamaha. My
> old one writes at 44, 24, and 4 etc .In several sickness and others moving
> me my entire file or purchases and a few installation cd-roms have come up
> missing. Among these is the Yamaha install disk.
>
> When I went o Yamaha to look around I see their writers are the same price
> as my old one. Besides it seems foolish to buy a new burner to get an
> install cd. Is there any way I can just stick the hardware in the new
> computer, tie the two together, or what?
>
> What should I do guys?
> Thanks a million
> Robert

>About 2-3 years ago when I bot my old machine which I love, I got a Yamaha burner
>What should I do guys?

I also treasure my Yamaha CD burners: they were "too good"
and Yamaha gave up thanks to cheap Chinese stuff flooding the market.

I run mine under Linux, but Nero and such ought to support it just fine,
even if you do a fresh install with the latest M$ OS.