Gameroom Renovation - Going for "Tacky" Authenticity.

OK, I've spent a lot of time lately planning out my gameroom
renovations. I'm going for the 1970's arcade theme.

The gameroom will have both a men's restroom and a women's restroom. So,
in my quest for authenticity I'm thinking about putting a old
coin-operated condom dispenser in the men's room and an old
coin-operated "napkin" dispenser in the ladies room. Here is where I
need your opinion. Does the "tacky factor" outweigh the humor element of
installing these two machines? Oh, and by the way, both would be
stocked and neither would be set on "free play". ;-)

Thanks for your vote!

Rick Swanson

lol, got any little kids? i think teenagers would enjoy it though!
Heh, you could make a few quarters along the way...

Hey Rick,

As long as the condom machine takes your money as doesn't give you
anything it will be perfectly authentic! :)

Al

Rick, I hope the Condoms will not be retro themselves. You might need
'Modern" technology protecting you, if you find any "tacky" women who
like your approach. JR.

If you really want tacky, you might consider going all the way with
coin operated locks for the restrooms. I often see these on eBay, and
have a friend who installed them in his game room bathroom. It is a
perfect counterpoint to the coin operated and working "Magic Fingers"
units he installed on the bed in his guest bedroom. If you don't want
the locks, don't forget the obligatory parking meter installed next to
the toilet as an option. Also, I may have some commercial wall mount
tri fold paper towel dispensers in the storage room at my office
building. Let me know if you want me to take a look.

Rick Swanson wrote:
> OK, I've spent a lot of time lately planning out my gameroom
> renovations. I'm going for the 1970's arcade theme.
>
> The gameroom will have both a men's restroom and a women's restroom. So,
> in my quest for authenticity I'm thinking about putting a old
> coin-operated condom dispenser in the men's room and an old
> coin-operated "napkin" dispenser in the ladies room. Here is where I
> need your opinion. Does the "tacky factor" outweigh the humor element of
> installing these two machines? Oh, and by the way, both would be
> stocked and neither would be set on "free play". ;-)
>
> Thanks for your vote!
>
> Rick Swanson

Oh man, only you Rick, only you!!!!

Sounds like something those neighbors of yours would do. Yeah, you
know the ones. Honestly, I love the mens and womens idea complete with
old gas station signs. The kind that stick out perpendicular from the
wall. That's about as far as I would go.

What I think would be cool is a wall mount coin change machine.

I may be anal but at least I've got tack. ;-)

Bryan (CARGPB14) http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

"Warning! Achtung! Run away, Run away!: BK restorations may emit a
shower of sparks or flames or both. Keep a safe distance (like four
city blocks). Never return to a restoration once lit. Hot hot hot!"

(Sig line compliments of Clive at the Coin-Op Cauldron.)

Rick Swanson wrote:
> OK, I've spent a lot of time lately planning out my gameroom
> renovations. I'm going for the 1970's arcade theme.
>
> The gameroom will have both a men's restroom and a women's restroom. So,
> in my quest for authenticity I'm thinking about putting a old
> coin-operated condom dispenser in the men's room and an old
> coin-operated "napkin" dispenser in the ladies room. Here is where I
> need your opinion. Does the "tacky factor" outweigh the humor element of
> installing these two machines? Oh, and by the way, both would be
> stocked and neither would be set on "free play". ;-)

I dunno, Rick. Honestly, I think that's kind of lowbrow.

OTOH, if you rigged up the jimmy-hat machine so that it rang a fire
alarm bell and lit up red Mars rotating lights (think High Speed) for
three seconds _outside_ of the bathroom on every purchase, NOW you have
comedy!!

(guy coming out of bathroom) "..... what??"

(everyone looking at him) "...BUSTED!!"

:))

I don't think we'd want an indicator when the machine in the women's
lavatory is used. ;)

Go for Rick. We have an old condom dispenser we gave my dad for
Christmas as a gag gift (that's for the man who thought he had
everything) and he hung it up right in the shop area near the wall
mounted Pachinko machines, and it is fully loaded and ready to go just
in case some wise guy thinks it's for display only. It also has a white
5 gallon pickle bucket sitting underneath that has the words "Used
Rubber Bucket" written on it, and that's where we throw all the old
pinball rubbers into after game shop-outs. People seem to be amused
when they see it and carefully lift the lid. We're still shopping for a
sanitary product dispenser so the ladies won't feel slighted....
Brian Saunders Pinballs of the Past Lerna, Il.

Don't forget the peep hole in the ladies stall. :)

Rick Swanson wrote:
> Bryan Kelly wrote:
>
> >.... I love the mens and womens idea complete with
> >old gas station signs.
> >
> Yes, but if I went with the "authentic old gas station" theme I'd have
> to pee on the walls, remove the toilet seats and dump short hairs all
> over the toilet, sink and floor. ;-)
>

> Rick Swanson

Something I thought was hilarious and really made me do a double-take
the first time I saw it. Paint "Ladies" on the BACK of the Men's room
door so you don't see it until you're leaving. And vice-versa.

bogart
www.pinrestore.com

Seems kind of funky if it's a used machine... At least get a new one.

I'd say rigg up some sort of water cannon/squirt gun around waist
height. When he hits the button, it sprays water on the front of their
pants.

When they walk out, it looks like they piss'ed themselves.

No need for that condom. No woman is going to get close to a man if it
looks like he just had an accident. Instant birth control.

c_kubie

Jenna wrote:

>lol, got any little kids?

I can hear it now... "Daddy, can I have a quarter so I can play the
jukebox in the bathroom?". ;-)

Rick Swanson

BallyMan wrote:

>Rick, I hope the Condoms will not be retro themselves.

To achieve total authenticity I planned on installing the three condoms
that have been in my wallet since 1970. BTW - My wallet has the oval
"stretch marks" to prove it. Finding 35 year old "napkins" is going to
be the hassle. IIRC, those things were as big as rolled up sleeping bag
back then. ;-)

Rick Swanson

I dunno, maybe this "early warning system" might
be a blessing in disguise....
--
Fred
TX

<TheKorn@TheKorn.net> wrote

> I don't think we'd want an indicator when the machine in the women's
> lavatory is used. ;)

I disagree. The older machines look so much nicer if you can find one
that's in nice condition.

-

http://www.myhomegameroom.com

Bryan Kelly wrote:

>.... I love the mens and womens idea complete with
>old gas station signs.

Yes, but if I went with the "authentic old gas station" theme I'd have
to pee on the walls, remove the toilet seats and dump short hairs all
over the toilet, sink and floor. ;-)

Rick Swanson

Rick,

If you or anyone else is looking for an old coin operated napkin
dispenser, I know where one is. I'm sure that they would part with it
for a minimal amount of cash. It's located in a bathroom that hasn't
been used for about 35-40 years. The only catch is that it is still
attached to one of the wood partitions, the lock is still on it, and it
was painted (I believe lime green) at one time.

Jim
---
flipper [at] pa [dot] net

Rick Swanson wrote:
> OK, I've spent a lot of time lately planning out my gameroom
> renovations. I'm going for the 1970's arcade theme.
>
> The gameroom will have both a men's restroom and a women's restroom. So,
> in my quest for authenticity I'm thinking about putting a old
> coin-operated condom dispenser in the men's room and an old
> coin-operated "napkin" dispenser in the ladies room. Here is where I
> need your opinion. Does the "tacky factor" outweigh the humor element of
> installing these two machines? Oh, and by the way, both would be
> stocked and neither would be set on "free play". ;-)
>
> Thanks for your vote!
>
> Rick Swanson

DUDE, that's got Rick's Ladies room written all over it.

Probably got the original "stash" inside. :)

Gott Lieb? wrote:
> Rick,
>
> If you or anyone else is looking for an old coin operated napkin
> dispenser, I know where one is. I'm sure that they would part with it
> for a minimal amount of cash. It's located in a bathroom that hasn't
> been used for about 35-40 years. The only catch is that it is still
> attached to one of the wood partitions, the lock is still on it, and it
> was painted (I believe lime green) at one time.
>

> Jim
> ---
> flipper [at] pa [dot] net
>

> Rick Swanson wrote:
> > OK, I've spent a lot of time lately planning out my gameroom
> > renovations. I'm going for the 1970's arcade theme.
> >
> > The gameroom will have both a men's restroom and a women's restroom. So,
> > in my quest for authenticity I'm thinking about putting a old
> > coin-operated condom dispenser in the men's room and an old
> > coin-operated "napkin" dispenser in the ladies room. Here is where I
> > need your opinion. Does the "tacky factor" outweigh the humor element of
> > installing these two machines? Oh, and by the way, both would be
> > stocked and neither would be set on "free play". ;-)
> >
> > Thanks for your vote!
> >
> > Rick Swanson

OH, now that's just nasty. ;-)

Fred Kemper wrote:

> I dunno, maybe this "early warning system" might
>be a blessing in disguise....
>--

Yes, and then from the overhead sound system you would hear (from
Earthshaker)... "Head for the Shelter!" ;-)

Rick Swanson

Don't forget to add the -empty- paper seat dispenser.

So in the name of authenticity, when do we get to come autograph the
walls of the bathroom?

Which brings to mind the funniest graffiti I
ever read on a Skid-O-Kan wall:

Cavemen used to do this.

It's so old.

(At least it was funny at the time...) :)

Fred
TX
CARGPB#8

madsygrl wrote:

> So in the name of authenticity, when do we get to come autograph the
> walls of the bathroom?

The funniest I've ever seen was on the ass-gasket dispenser in a gas
station in Placerville, Ca. It said "Free Cowboy Hats!"

bogart
www.pinrestore.com