Mn-700 update

i am trying to update my mn-700 and of the 3 updates the
application software will not up-date. i tryed safe mode,
turning off all programs, everything and it still will
not.
Any ideas????

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Try turning off the Microsoft Internet Connection Firewall
(ICF) and any other firewall you have. I know the
instructions say you can leave the ICF on.

Sorry for the dumb question, but where do you turn off this
feature? Are you refering to the "XP" firewall in the
network connection?

Correct, ICF = "XP firewall in the network connection."

Make sure that you are not running other software firewalls
too, such as Norton or Zone Alarm -- you need to uninstall
these to enable the 700 update (simply turning them off
does not fully stop them). You can reinstall them after the
update, if you want to.