WH20 vs STTNG??

Need your opinion?? Which is better? Playability?
Fun factor?

Thanks
Kevin
18 answers Last reply
More about wh20 sttng

    Again I will be the first to throw my hat into the ring- STTNG is miles
    beyond Whitewater. And it has great sound unlike Wwater which sounds
    like bad talk show music. Really bad.

    Kevin wrote:
    > Need your opinion?? Which is better? Playability?
    > Fun factor?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Kevin

    STTNG by about 300 rafts.

    -c

    No comparison.

    ST:TNG all the way.

    Dave

    It's not even close: ST:TNG is waaaaayyyyyy better. Better music,
    better modes, better wizard mode, better multiball, etc. At one time
    they sold for about the same dollar, now a nice ST:TNG commands a
    higher price and for a reason :-) Get a ST:TNG, you won't be
    disappointed.

    Duane

    Kevin wrote:
    > Need your opinion?? Which is better? Playability?
    > Fun factor?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Kevin

    Now I own both (well I will tomorrow when I pickup WH2O), but this is a
    tough one. I'll give the edge to STTNG, but I don't think WH2O is all
    that far behind really. Not like everyone else here is saying. It's
    fun for a completely different set of reasons. It doesn't have quite
    as much as STTNG in modes, etc, but it does have long term
    replayability for me. Here's one plus for both games. They are both
    hard. This should keep the appeal long term for either title. WH2O is
    hard in the FH sense, where games can end very quickly, and it lacks a
    ball saver, which makes it all the better in my opinion. Old school
    charm in a mid 90's package. STTNG has those darn outlanes, which make
    the game very hard. I'm not sure I "like" them, however.

    Either way I don't think you can go wrong, but play both first if
    possible and then decide.

    h_h

    LOL! STtNG by a landslide.....

    W2o = "parts machine"

    ;)

    --
    Fred
    TX

    "Kevin" <KevineglerNOSPAM@cox.net> wrote in message news:lISAe.75414$Fv.34014@lakeread01...
    > Need your opinion?? Which is better? Playability?
    > Fun factor?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Kevin

    Well I really don't like Wwater at all, so I'm biased enough to say by
    whatever means do it. But on a financial level, yeah that's great. If
    you can trade a Wwater + $400 for the STTNG, there's nothing wrong with
    that deal at all. And you are going to end up with a much better game.
    I had em side by side for a few weeks and whenver I THOUGHT I was
    starting to like wwater a little, and played a game of the Star Trek,
    I'd just kind of feel sorry for the wwater.

    PT wrote:

    > Whitewater seems more reliable and has less stuff to deal with
    > repairing. It has an old school feel. The sound is terrible due to
    > the pre-DCS sound card. It's a rush when you are having a good game.
    > I like it because I can have a good game in less than twenty minutes.

    Don't blame the card dude. It's got bad sound cause it was DESIGNED
    that way. I love the sound on CFTBL, T2, Dr Who, Drac, and a number of
    other games. Even...FIREPOWER...which is 25 years old. The sound on
    WWater is terrible because for some reason the designers thought it
    would be cool to put the worst possible music and sound effects in the
    game. Pre-DCS has absolutely nothing to do with it.

    The answer to the video mode being too easy is to just not play it
    (once you've mastered it, until then it's fun, try picking a different
    route each time). When given the Holodeck choices, either just take the
    25M or play Poker with Riker. Now let's see how many artifacts you have
    when you get to FF. Makes your scores seem more legit, and you know
    you've really earned that billion points if you can get it. It's
    amazing how many FF's I've had with 3 artifacts. Grrrr. While you're at
    it, remove Holodeck as a skill shot choice (prevents getting a ball
    lock if lock is lit), and allow just 1 or no ball locks. Same
    philosophy, *earn* your multiball. Now please don't ask me about
    kickback settings and "corrected" outlanes, I want to sound like a
    tough guy.

    Now, just to vent, I seem to be in the habit now of getting to WF8 to
    light extra ball, then I start Worm Hole or Seach the Galaxy. I nail
    the left orbit, then I complete the combo for the Worm Hole/Delta shot,
    but, wait, I just started WF9 so I don't get an artifact! Yarrrrgghhh.
    Then I can't recover once WF9 times out, or I just drain. Okay, done.
    -Mark

    I own both of them and love them both for different reasons. STTNG is more
    a players game, where as WH2o is more a casual players game / easier to pick
    up what to do etc. STTNG is not a game that someone that does not play
    pinball will play alot and enjoy. At parties of my 3 machines Wh20 and
    Getaway get played on average 2x more then STTNG. People play it but they
    dont get it right off and the cannons are confusing to them and the move to
    WH20 or Getaway.

    I would not sell either one of them though both are keepers as is Getaway
    (my 2nd one, sold 1st and regretted it).

    Cant stress enough go PLAY them both before hand if you can afford both get
    them both.

    Dave

    "Kevin" <KevineglerNOSPAM@cox.net> wrote in message
    > Need your opinion?? Which is better? Playability?
    > Fun factor?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Kevin

    Thanks very one there opinion.

    Here's the "Deal"...I have had my white water for 2 years and I am
    getting a little bore with it. Friend near me was a STTNG for sale. 2000
    Will sell my WH2O for 1600+400. Does this like a good deal????

    Kevin

    The dollars issue all depends on condition.

    Seems reasonable IF conditions are similar.

    Otto

    CARGPB11

    > Here's the "Deal"...I have had my white water for 2 years and I am
    > getting a little bore with it. Friend near me was a STTNG for sale. 2000
    > Will sell my WH2O for 1600+400. Does this like a good deal????

    In case my last post didn't answer your question, get STTNG! I was also
    deciding between WH2O and STTNG about two years ago, and although I
    thought WH2O was fun, I was blown away when I tried the STTNG. I
    remembered disliking the TV show, so I was avoiding it for just that
    reason. But the game was so awesome that I got it anyway and haven't
    been able to find another game I like better since. And now that I'm
    used to the superpin "wide body" design, I call standard width games
    "narrow body." They just seem small in comparison.

    Now, after all these years of avoiding the TV show because I thought it
    stunk when it came out, I've been renting the DVD's online and
    discovering they're actually pretty good! I started with Descent I and
    II (season 6 disc 7, season 7 disc 1, learned about it here on rgp)
    just to see the Borg ship that's on the game. Those were pretty
    entertaining, so now I'm going back to earlier seasons and plan to work
    my way through the whole collection. Who are the Ferengi and
    Cardassians? Guess I'll find out. I think Q was pretty funny, but
    haven't seen one of his recently.

    So, moral of the story, even if you don't like, or don't remember
    liking, the TV show, the game is fantastic. You might even find
    yourself a closet fan of the show someday like me.
    -Mark

    Kevin wrote:
    > Need your opinion?? Which is better? Playability?
    > Fun factor?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Kevin

    Love both but if stuck on an island with only 1 pin I would say STTNG.

    Greg

    "Kevin" <KevineglerNOSPAM@cox.net> wrote in message
    > Need your opinion?? Which is better? Playability?
    > Fun factor?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Kevin

    Jeez I am surprised with all of these pro STTNG responses. Really surprised.
    Sure it is newer, has better sound, more modes, more toys or whatever -- but
    that does not make always make a game better.

    White Water is a better game. Easily. In my view, it is not much of a
    contest. WW is much more fun and rewarding to play.

    I sold STTNG after not even owning it for that long. Never really missed it
    at all. White Water is a keeper that I do not see myself ever selling except
    to replace with a nicer one.

    - Kevin

    PinBotz -- Enhancements for Classic Pinball Machines
    http://www.pinbotz.com

    "Kevin" <KevineglerNOSPAM@cox.net> wrote in message
    > Need your opinion?? Which is better? Playability?
    > Fun factor?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Kevin

    You need to buy both. Different style of play, speed and adrenaline factor.
    Both great in their own ways. If at all possible, you should get them both.

    Adi
    www.txpinball.com

    "Kevin" <KevineglerNOSPAM@cox.net> wrote in message
    > Need your opinion?? Which is better? Playability?
    > Fun factor?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Kevin

    They are both good fun. WH20 seems to kick my ass on a daily
    basis. It seems there are some that hate the sound in WH20 but it
    doesnt seem to bother me. I actually like all the sounds except for Big
    Foot. Since picking mine up recently I really enjoy it though. Its a
    very gratifying game IMO. My WH20 page and additional observations are
    here; http://www.habos-arcade.com/White%20Water.htm

    As a fan of STTNG tv series I think that its one of the best
    themed pins out there up with Twilight Zone. All the actors voices and
    sounds are digitized into it. Its also a widebody pin with great
    artwork. I dont own one but will one day.

    Kevin - Check out "Q-Who" for the 1st appearance and 1st time the crew
    dealt with the Borg. Its also a great Q episode .

    Mike
    www.habos-arcade.com

    On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 14:04:06 -0400, Kevin wrote:
    > Thanks very one there opinion.
    >
    > Here's the "Deal"...I have had my white water for 2 years and I am
    > getting a little bore with it. Friend near me was a STTNG for sale. 2000
    > Will sell my WH2O for 1600+400. Does this like a good deal????

    Swap machines for a couple of months, *then* decide. (:

    --
    36. I will not imprison members of the same party in the same cell block, let
    alone the same cell. If they are important prisoners, I will keep the only

Games Video Games Product