seagate 60 gig hard drive

http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/pb/mb/skye.htm
this is the mother board I have..

I've recently purchased a 60 gig Seagate h/d
however my computer a p2 466mhz only recognizes the first 32gigs, is there a
bios update for the computer for it
to recognize the rest of the h/d?
I had to set the jumper on the h/d for this to actually work
if I sound confusing, or you need more information please let me know!
Matt

It's unlikely that there is a BIOS upgrade to handle the larger hard disk size.
It is rare that additional features and capabilities are added to a BIOS, only
corrections for defects. Your best bet is an add-in IDE controller card with
its own BIOS to handle the 60GB properly... Ben Myers

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 23:16:38 -0500, "Big Red" <byob@nowhere.com> wrote:

>http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/pb/mb/skye.htm
>this is the mother board I have..
>
>I've recently purchased a 60 gig Seagate h/d
>however my computer a p2 466mhz only recognizes the first 32gigs, is there a
>bios update for the computer for it
>to recognize the rest of the h/d?
>I had to set the jumper on the h/d for this to actually work
>if I sound confusing, or you need more information please let me know!
>Matt

TRENDING THREADS