Horizontal stripes in screen

Daveke34

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2006
Since some time now I have noticed a horizontal stripe across the length of my screen about an inch from the top. When I look closer I see in fact two stripes, about half an inch from each other, but the second one is more difficult to spot.

I've uploaded 3 pictures => http://img820.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=img0847.jpg

The pics are taken with my camera because when I use Fraps to take screenshots the stripes don't show.

The problem is there in games, movies, pictures, etc so I believe it's probably an issue with my monitor. I have an older Samsung SyncMaster 940BF running at its native resolution of 1280x1024.

Does anybody know where these stripes come from, and how can I get rid of them? Could this be related do my display driver?

G

Is refresh rate correct ? Have you tried all the onscreen adjustments ?

Try hooking up another monitor (or using this monitor with another computer) -- should narrow down the issues.

Daveke34

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2006
I hooked up my laptop to my monitor and the stripes are still there. At least I know it's the monitor now. The refresh rate is 60 Hz so that's ok.
I reinstalled the Samsung SyncMaster 940BF monitor driver again and the display is much better now. The stripe is still there but less visible.