Gaussian Gun

Hi PinHeads --

I happened across this cool ball bearing & magnet "Gaussian Gun" as it's
called:

http://www.grand-illusions.com/gaussian%20gun.htm

This might be neat in a pinball machine somehow, although I guess
looks-wise (a ball getting launched at high speed) is nothing new, but
the method of transmission is cool.

Also, I'd imagine that the pinballs would get highly magnetized which
could cause other problems. Maybe as a stand-alone "toy" where the
pinballs in this system are in a closed "loop" so the magnetized balls
don't get into play on the rest of the machine would work. I can see
the launched ball going around a loop-de-loop or something fun.

-- Doug

I agree. When I saw that video I immediately thought there could be a
cool pinball application (although you would need to engineer it so you
wouldn't create a magnetic ball hang). I purchased the snail ball from
this company. It wouldn't work in a pinball application but it is an
interesting curiosity.

steve SDTM