  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
a b U Graphics card
September 30, 2004 9:16:43 PM

I loaded Sims 2 on my computer and when I went to play it
2 boxes came up. The first one said, "ialmrnt5 display
driver has stopped working normally."

The next box said, "Graphics adapter has experienced an
internal error, contact graphics adapter manufacture for
technical support."

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to fix this problem.
When I click OK after the last box the screen becomes high
resolution where you almost need sunglasses to see the
screen.

My e-mail is paulmanley@sbcglobal.net

Thanks,
Paul

More about : sims2

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
October 1, 2004 2:57:52 PM

Hi Paul,

That message would appear if your card is not one
of the cards supported by that game unfortunately.

For the list of graphic cards supported by SIMS 2:
http://thesims2.ea.com/help/detail.php?help_id=21

Here's a couple of ways to identify which video card
you have installed on your computer.

1. Click Start / Run / type: dxdiag
Click the Display Tab
Look under Device for the name and manufacturer

2. Click Start / (Settings) Control Panel
Click Display
Click the Settings Tab
Click the Advanced... button
Click the Adapter Tab