Sims2

I loaded Sims 2 on my computer and when I went to play it
2 boxes came up. The first one said, "ialmrnt5 display
driver has stopped working normally."

The next box said, "Graphics adapter has experienced an
internal error, contact graphics adapter manufacture for
technical support."

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to fix this problem.
When I click OK after the last box the screen becomes high
resolution where you almost need sunglasses to see the
screen.

My e-mail is paulmanley@sbcglobal.net

Thanks,
Paul
1 answer Last reply
More about sims2
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.discussion (More info?)

    Hi Paul,

    That message would appear if your card is not one
    of the cards supported by that game unfortunately.

    For the list of graphic cards supported by SIMS 2:
    http://thesims2.ea.com/help/detail.php?help_id=21

    Here's a couple of ways to identify which video card
    you have installed on your computer.

    1. Click Start / Run / type: dxdiag
    Click the Display Tab
    Look under Device for the name and manufacturer

    2. Click Start / (Settings) Control Panel
    Click Display
    Click the Settings Tab
    Click the Advanced... button
    Click the Adapter Tab

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "Paul Manley" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03e101c4a74b$ee39d5d0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
    | I loaded Sims 2 on my computer and when I went to play it
    | 2 boxes came up. The first one said, "ialmrnt5 display
    | driver has stopped working normally."
    |
    | The next box said, "Graphics adapter has experienced an
    | internal error, contact graphics adapter manufacture for
    | technical support."
    |
    | Can anyone tell me what I need to do to fix this problem.
    | When I click OK after the last box the screen becomes high
    | resolution where you almost need sunglasses to see the
    | screen.
    |
    | My e-mail is *@sbcglobal.net
    |
    | Thanks,
    | Paul