Dell LCD Monitors Stuck in DVI Power Save Mode ... and Del..

Dell LCD Monitors Stuck in DVI Power Save Mode and Dell Doesn't care
for 6 Months.

There is a MAJOR PROBLEM with dell Flat Panel Monitors.

On November 1, 2003, this problem was brought to Dell's attention (6
Months). Dell has not responded to any of the posts on the DELL
FORUM. http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=dim_monitor&message.id=33709

Dell has told the press that the problem is fixed
http://news.com.com/2100-1003_3-5170924.html?tag=nefd_top#yourtake

DELL is being DECEITFUL and is outright Lying.

Here is the problem…
Computer is Dimension 4600 (brand new) with NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200
video card connected to 1800FP via DVI. The monitor will not come out
of DVI Power Save Mode. Unplugged monitor from PC to reset to factory
settings and perform diagnostics and still no video. Connected again
using analog cable/ports and monitor does work in analog mode.

DO NOT BUY A DELL FLAT PANEL DISPLAY UNTIL DELL FIXES THIS PROBLEM!
16 answers Last reply
More about dell monitors stuck power save mode

    This article:

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4853511/

    says:

    "Carrie Hurt, president of the central Texas Better Business Bureau, says
    that Dell meets with her staff quarterly and works diligently to resolve
    complaints."

    This might offer the best avenue for resolution of your problem.

    "Lisa Grecco" <lisa_grecco@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Dell LCD Monitors Stuck in DVI Power Save Mode and Dell Doesn't care
    > for 6 Months.
    >
    > There is a MAJOR PROBLEM with dell Flat Panel Monitors.
    >
    > On November 1, 2003, this problem was brought to Dell's attention (6
    > Months). Dell has not responded to any of the posts on the DELL
    > FORUM.
    http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=dim_monitor&message.id=33709

    > Dell has told the press that the problem is fixed
    > http://news.com.com/2100-1003_3-5170924.html?tag=nefd_top#yourtake
    >
    > DELL is being DECEITFUL and is outright Lying.
    >
    > Here is the problem.
    > Computer is Dimension 4600 (brand new) with NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200
    > video card connected to 1800FP via DVI. The monitor will not come out
    > of DVI Power Save Mode. Unplugged monitor from PC to reset to factory
    > settings and perform diagnostics and still no video. Connected again
    > using analog cable/ports and monitor does work in analog mode.
    >
    > DO NOT BUY A DELL FLAT PANEL DISPLAY UNTIL DELL FIXES THIS PROBLEM!

    Dell doesn't make LCD panels. They only sell them. Shouldn't you take your
    little campaign up with the manufacturer?

    Rocky

    "Lisa Grecco" <lisa_grecco@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Dell LCD Monitors Stuck in DVI Power Save Mode and Dell Doesn't care
    > for 6 Months.
    >
    > There is a MAJOR PROBLEM with dell Flat Panel Monitors.
    >
    > On November 1, 2003, this problem was brought to Dell's attention (6
    > Months). Dell has not responded to any of the posts on the DELL
    > FORUM.
    http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=dim_monitor&message.id=33709

    > Dell has told the press that the problem is fixed
    > http://news.com.com/2100-1003_3-5170924.html?tag=nefd_top#yourtake
    >
    > DELL is being DECEITFUL and is outright Lying.
    >
    > Here is the problem.
    > Computer is Dimension 4600 (brand new) with NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200
    > video card connected to 1800FP via DVI. The monitor will not come out
    > of DVI Power Save Mode. Unplugged monitor from PC to reset to factory
    > settings and perform diagnostics and still no video. Connected again
    > using analog cable/ports and monitor does work in analog mode.
    >
    > DO NOT BUY A DELL FLAT PANEL DISPLAY UNTIL DELL FIXES THIS PROBLEM!

    don't they have Dell's name on them?

    "Rocket J. Squirrel" <rocky@bullwinkle.com> wrote in message
    > Dell doesn't make LCD panels. They only sell them. Shouldn't you take your
    > little campaign up with the manufacturer?
    >
    > Rocky
    >
    > "Lisa Grecco" <lisa_grecco@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > Dell LCD Monitors Stuck in DVI Power Save Mode and Dell Doesn't care
    > > for 6 Months.
    > >
    > > There is a MAJOR PROBLEM with dell Flat Panel Monitors.
    > >
    > > On November 1, 2003, this problem was brought to Dell's attention (6
    > > Months). Dell has not responded to any of the posts on the DELL
    > > FORUM.

    http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=dim_monitor&message.id=33709

    > > Dell has told the press that the problem is fixed
    > > http://news.com.com/2100-1003_3-5170924.html?tag=nefd_top#yourtake
    > >
    > > DELL is being DECEITFUL and is outright Lying.
    > >
    > > Here is the problem.
    > > Computer is Dimension 4600 (brand new) with NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200
    > > video card connected to 1800FP via DVI. The monitor will not come out
    > > of DVI Power Save Mode. Unplugged monitor from PC to reset to factory
    > > settings and perform diagnostics and still no video. Connected again
    > > using analog cable/ports and monitor does work in analog mode.
    > >
    > > DO NOT BUY A DELL FLAT PANEL DISPLAY UNTIL DELL FIXES THIS PROBLEM!

    Yeah, but they're Samsung. I recently bought (3) different 17" analog LCDs -
    1 Dell with a system and two Sonys.

    Both Sonys were perfect while the Dell had two dead pixels. Hardly a
    deal-breaker, but a mild disappointment.

    Stew

    "yoda" <jedi-1@zebulon.com> wrote in message
    > don't they have Dell's name on them?
    >

    > "Rocket J. Squirrel" <rocky@bullwinkle.com> wrote in message
    > > Dell doesn't make LCD panels. They only sell them. Shouldn't you take
    your
    > > little campaign up with the manufacturer?
    > >
    > > Rocky
    > >
    > > "Lisa Grecco" <lisa_grecco@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > > Dell LCD Monitors Stuck in DVI Power Save Mode and Dell Doesn't care
    > > > for 6 Months.
    > > >
    > > > There is a MAJOR PROBLEM with dell Flat Panel Monitors.
    > > >
    > > > On November 1, 2003, this problem was brought to Dell's attention (6
    > > > Months). Dell has not responded to any of the posts on the DELL
    > > > FORUM.

    http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=dim_monitor&message.id=33709

    > > > Dell has told the press that the problem is fixed
    > > > http://news.com.com/2100-1003_3-5170924.html?tag=nefd_top#yourtake
    > > >
    > > > DELL is being DECEITFUL and is outright Lying.
    > > >
    > > > Here is the problem.
    > > > Computer is Dimension 4600 (brand new) with NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200
    > > > video card connected to 1800FP via DVI. The monitor will not come out
    > > > of DVI Power Save Mode. Unplugged monitor from PC to reset to factory
    > > > settings and perform diagnostics and still no video. Connected again
    > > > using analog cable/ports and monitor does work in analog mode.
    > > >
    > > > DO NOT BUY A DELL FLAT PANEL DISPLAY UNTIL DELL FIXES THIS PROBLEM!

    I've been using an analog Samsung 171N for about 6 months now. No
    complaints.
    HH

    "S.Lewis" <stew1960@mail.com> wrote in message
    > Yeah, but they're Samsung. I recently bought (3) different 17" analog
    LCDs -
    > 1 Dell with a system and two Sonys.
    >
    > Both Sonys were perfect while the Dell had two dead pixels. Hardly a
    > deal-breaker, but a mild disappointment.
    >

    > Stew
    >

    > "yoda" <jedi-1@zebulon.com> wrote in message
    > > don't they have Dell's name on them?
    > >

    > > "Rocket J. Squirrel" <rocky@bullwinkle.com> wrote in message
    > > > Dell doesn't make LCD panels. They only sell them. Shouldn't you take
    > your
    > > > little campaign up with the manufacturer?
    > > >
    > > > Rocky
    > > >
    > > > "Lisa Grecco" <lisa_grecco@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=dim_monitor&message.id=33709

    I believe that the monitor is like OEM and if dell sells it and warranty's
    it, it is a dell problem.

    "S.Lewis" wrote:

    > Yeah, but they're Samsung. I recently bought (3) different 17" analog LCDs -
    > 1 Dell with a system and two Sonys.
    >
    > Both Sonys were perfect while the Dell had two dead pixels. Hardly a
    > deal-breaker, but a mild disappointment.

    Just out of curiosity, did you purchase through the Home or Business division?

    As we all know, a manufacturer's guarantee of 100% good pixels would drive up
    the price.

    I'm wondering if Dell, along with other "dealers," moves the not-so-perfect
    merchandise over to the Home divisions.

    Larry

    "Lawrence Glasser" <lglasser@spamcop.net> wrote in message
    > "S.Lewis" wrote:
    > >
    > > Yeah, but they're Samsung. I recently bought (3) different 17" analog
    LCDs -
    > > 1 Dell with a system and two Sonys.
    > >
    > > Both Sonys were perfect while the Dell had two dead pixels. Hardly a
    > > deal-breaker, but a mild disappointment.
    >
    > Just out of curiosity, did you purchase through the Home or Business
    division?

    > As we all know, a manufacturer's guarantee of 100% good pixels would drive
    up
    > the price.
    >
    > I'm wondering if Dell, along with other "dealers," moves the
    not-so-perfect
    > merchandise over to the Home divisions.
    >
    > Larry

    Small business. Ironically, I purchased the Sonys from newegg.com and their
    policy is 8 dead pixels before they'll take one for exchange or return.

    Stew

    "S.Lewis" wrote:

    > "Lawrence Glasser" <lglasser@spamcop.net> wrote in message
    > > "S.Lewis" wrote:
    > > >
    > > > Yeah, but they're Samsung. I recently bought (3) different 17" analog
    > LCDs -
    > > > 1 Dell with a system and two Sonys.
    > > >
    > > > Both Sonys were perfect while the Dell had two dead pixels. Hardly a
    > > > deal-breaker, but a mild disappointment.
    > >
    > > Just out of curiosity, did you purchase through the Home or Business
    > division?
    > >
    > > As we all know, a manufacturer's guarantee of 100% good pixels would drive
    > up
    > > the price.
    > >
    > > I'm wondering if Dell, along with other "dealers," moves the
    > not-so-perfect
    > > merchandise over to the Home divisions.
    > >
    > > Larry
    >
    > Small business. Ironically, I purchased the Sonys from newegg.com and their
    > policy is 8 dead pixels before they'll take one for exchange or return.

    So much for my theory. :-(

    Thanks!

    Larry

    I have a 15" LiquidVideo annalog, a 17" LiquidVideo analog (CircuitCity's
    cheapo brand), and a 15" Rad 5 analog flat panel. No dead pixels on any of
    them. :-P

    "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I've been using an analog Samsung 171N for about 6 months now. No
    > complaints.
    > HH
    >
    > "S.Lewis" <stew1960@mail.com> wrote in message
    > > Yeah, but they're Samsung. I recently bought (3) different 17" analog
    > LCDs -
    > > 1 Dell with a system and two Sonys.
    > >
    > > Both Sonys were perfect while the Dell had two dead pixels. Hardly a
    > > deal-breaker, but a mild disappointment.
    > >

    > > Stew
    > >

    > > "yoda" <jedi-1@zebulon.com> wrote in message
    > > > don't they have Dell's name on them?
    > > >

    > > > "Rocket J. Squirrel" <rocky@bullwinkle.com> wrote in message
    > > your

    http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=dim_monitor&message.id=33709

    > out
    > factory

    PROBLEM!

    I also had a couple of Rad 5s. No dead ones there either, nor on my Cornea
    CT1503 LCD monitor/TV. Guess I've been lucky.
    HH

    > I also had a couple of Rad 5s. No dead ones there either, nor on my Cornea
    > CT1503 LCD monitor/TV. Guess I've been lucky.
    > HH
    >
    > "joe_tide" <joetide@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > > I have a 15" LiquidVideo annalog, a 17" LiquidVideo analog
    (CircuitCity's
    > > cheapo brand), and a 15" Rad 5 analog flat panel. No dead pixels on any
    of
    > > them. :-P

    <snip>

    Perhaps I'm superstitious, but every time I buy an LCD, I hold my breath out
    of fear for the pixel monster. I'm generally not overly picky, but if
    you're picking one up for someone else who IS, it's a different matter.

    I include a 5-minute pre-purchase dissertation on the potential of dead
    pixels just to cover myself, including "are you SURE you wouldn't just
    rather have a nice CRT?".

    Whatever works, Joe. The Sonys I picked up were actually less than the Dell
    at around $400 each. They were going into a heavily and newly decorated
    office and were going to be plainly visible by, uh, snooty clients :) Image,
    image, image.....

    Stew

    stupid response from a stupid squirrel! it's a dell lcd. aren't they
    responsible for what what they sell?

    "Rocket J. Squirrel" <rocky@bullwinkle.com> wrote in message
    > Dell doesn't make LCD panels. They only sell them. Shouldn't you take your
    > little campaign up with the manufacturer?
    >
    > Rocky
    >
    > "Lisa Grecco" <lisa_grecco@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > Dell LCD Monitors Stuck in DVI Power Save Mode and Dell Doesn't care
    > > for 6 Months.
    > >
    > > There is a MAJOR PROBLEM with dell Flat Panel Monitors.
    > >
    > > On November 1, 2003, this problem was brought to Dell's attention (6
    > > Months). Dell has not responded to any of the posts on the DELL
    > > FORUM.

    http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=dim_monitor&message.id=33709

    > > Dell has told the press that the problem is fixed
    > > http://news.com.com/2100-1003_3-5170924.html?tag=nefd_top#yourtake
    > >
    > > DELL is being DECEITFUL and is outright Lying.
    > >
    > > Here is the problem.
    > > Computer is Dimension 4600 (brand new) with NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200
    > > video card connected to 1800FP via DVI. The monitor will not come out
    > > of DVI Power Save Mode. Unplugged monitor from PC to reset to factory
    > > settings and perform diagnostics and still no video. Connected again
    > > using analog cable/ports and monitor does work in analog mode.
    > >
    > > DO NOT BUY A DELL FLAT PANEL DISPLAY UNTIL DELL FIXES THIS PROBLEM!

    I am no longer snooty. Heh heh

    > I am no longer snooty. Heh heh

    <snip>

    You never were. But I'm sure you know some who are. heh.

    I used to have an issue with my GX260 and a 1703FP :
    sometimes, monitor just did not switched on when booting.
    This was resolved by the GX260 Bios update.
    This was due to an error in the monitor's algorithm.
    And was solved by the GX260 bios...

    When you have issue with 2 items, the fault may not be on the one
    you think, and neither the solution.
    It is just a question of how things interact.

    I would not be surprised if this just happend with this precise monitor
    on this precise video card.

    Try to install the latest bios ? (from 02 april 2004)
    http://support.euro.dell.com/fr/fr/filelib/download/index.asp?fileid=R73666&sid=DIM_P4_4600&st=

    "Rocket J. Squirrel" <rocky@bullwinkle.com> a écrit dans le message de
    > Dell doesn't make LCD panels. They only sell them. Shouldn't you take your
    > little campaign up with the manufacturer?
    >
    > Rocky
    >
    > "Lisa Grecco" <lisa_grecco@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > Dell LCD Monitors Stuck in DVI Power Save Mode and Dell Doesn't care
    > > for 6 Months.
    > >
    > > There is a MAJOR PROBLEM with dell Flat Panel Monitors.
    > >
    > > On November 1, 2003, this problem was brought to Dell's attention (6
    > > Months). Dell has not responded to any of the posts on the DELL
    > > FORUM.

    http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=dim_monitor&message.id=33709

    > > Dell has told the press that the problem is fixed
    > > http://news.com.com/2100-1003_3-5170924.html?tag=nefd_top#yourtake
    > >
    > > DELL is being DECEITFUL and is outright Lying.
    > >
    > > Here is the problem.
    > > Computer is Dimension 4600 (brand new) with NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200
    > > video card connected to 1800FP via DVI. The monitor will not come out
    > > of DVI Power Save Mode. Unplugged monitor from PC to reset to factory
    > > settings and perform diagnostics and still no video. Connected again
    > > using analog cable/ports and monitor does work in analog mode.
    > >
    > > DO NOT BUY A DELL FLAT PANEL DISPLAY UNTIL DELL FIXES THIS PROBLEM!

Dell DVI Power Monitors Computers