how to boot from Ghost 2003 original CD?

Hello Newsgroup,

If I want to boot my pc with the original ghost2003 CD to restore an
image, what's the command I have to enter after the A:\ ?? appears?

On my PC I always use a floppy disk to boot into DOS, but on my laptop
I don't have a floppy drive, so I have to use the ghost cd.
But I get stuck each time because I don't know what command I have to
enter after the A:\

Can anybody help me?

Thanks
jace
4 answers Last reply
More about boot ghost 2003 original

    Thanks, but what if I want to restore an image from another HDD(not
    from a bootable CD/DVD) to a PC/Laptop which does NOT have a floppy
    drive? How do I get to the Ghost interface in DOS?

    Of course, the Gost2003 boot wizard has an option to create bootable
    CD/DVD startup disk, but only on a 1.44MB floppy. What I need is a
    bootable CD, because modern Laptops don't have a floppy drive.

    The original Ghost2003 is also bootable, isn't it?
    But at some point, after the A:\ I need to enter a command. I
    tried.ghost.exe but it didn't work.

    Thanks
    Jace

    Thanks, but what if I want to restore an image from another HDD(not
    from a bootable CD/DVD) to a PC/Laptop which does NOT have a floppy
    drive? How do I get to the Ghost interface in DOS?

    Of course, the Gost2003 boot wizard has an option to create bootable
    CD/DVD startup disk, but only on a 1.44MB floppy. What I need is a
    bootable CD, because modern Laptops don't have a floppy drive.

    The original Ghost2003 is also bootable, isn't it?
    But at some point, after the A:\ I need to enter a command. I
    tried.ghost.exe but it didn't work.

    Thanks
    Jace

    This might be worth reading:

    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ghost.nsf/320a02a2cac20eb488256f480074a067/52efa7971c9ebee38825698b005b3775?OpenDocument&src=bar_sch_nam

    CD/DVD Startup Disk with Ghost
    The Ghost Boot Wizard in Symantec Ghost 8.x and Norton Ghost 2003 has as option to
    create a CD/DVD Startup Disk with Ghost. This bootable floppy disk includes generic
    CD/DVD ROM drivers.

    Jace wrote:
    > Hello Newsgroup,
    >
    > If I want to boot my pc with the original ghost2003 CD to restore an
    > image, what's the command I have to enter after the A:\ ?? appears?
    >
    > On my PC I always use a floppy disk to boot into DOS, but on my laptop
    > I don't have a floppy drive, so I have to use the ghost cd.
    > But I get stuck each time because I don't know what command I have to
    > enter after the A:\
    >
    > Can anybody help me?
    >
    > Thanks
    > jace
  4. After the A:\
    type cd c: (enter)
    then cd support (enter)
    u've got c:\support
    type ghost (enter)
    c:\support\ghost......you will find the GUI.
    thnx.
    "mSu"

Boot CD-Rom Command Prompt Windows XP