Keyboard suggestions

Hi community

Currently in the market for a new keyboard and I don't have a clue what would be a good buy.

Was looking at this keyboard:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823126043

But I also heard that the keyboard isn't too great for gaming and I'm worried that since it's thin that it's prone to break easily.

I don't want to spend over 100 bucks for a keyboard as I think it's way too over the top, and realistically my budget is at most 60-70 bucks after tax.

What I would like the keyboard to have would include

Backlit keys (not an absolute must but having it is a major plus)
Logitech or other well known brand (prefer Logitech keyboards as my current board is a Logitech board)
LCD screen (a plus but not a deal breaker)
Compact (since I have a small keyboard drawer that barely fits a mouse as well, smaller is a bit better but not an absolute)
Must have a 10-key pad (absolute must)
Silent keys (is preferred, if not that's okay too)
Gaming "grade" (not necessary but nice. Good enough for playing games like EVE Online, TF2, BC2, L4D2 etc)
USB Wired (not a deal breaker)
Special Function Keys (i.e. back, forward, home, print, etc. nice but not necessary)
Macro Keys (not needed but nice to have)
Easy to clean (Major plus here)

Those are just a few features that I'm kinda looking for.

Thanks in advanced for the suggestions.
5 answers Last reply
More about keyboard suggestions
  1. Yaay.. don't go for any logitech products. Logitech keyboards are at downfall. only few models runs and rest of them have very high rejection rate.
  2. itsmevader said:
    Yaay.. don't go for any logitech products. Logitech keyboards are at downfall. only few models runs and rest of them have very high rejection rate.

Yea, I was looking at a G15 just because it's pretty inexpensive for what it has, until I found out that the USB ports on the keyboard are USB 1.1... Anyways I'm still open to some suggestions.

A buddy of mine suggested a Saitek Eclipse II keyboard. I think they are out of production but can anyone give me a good idea on how good these keyboards are?
  3. I love my G15.... which is what I was going to suggest... In game I can watch my GPU's FPS, thermals, useage, with EVGA's precision tool, cpu/mem/network load, or there is a ventrilo plugin, also SirReal's plug in that works with teamSpeak....

The keys are nice, nothing special, it does slightly have a cheap feel to it... But I have been using it for the past year and have yet to have a problem with it.
  4. tkrl26 said:
    I love my G15.... which is what I was going to suggest... In game I can watch my GPU's FPS, thermals, useage, with EVGA's precision tool, cpu/mem/network load, or there is a ventrilo plugin, also SirReal's plug in that works with teamSpeak....

The keys are nice, nothing special, it does slightly have a cheap feel to it... But I have been using it for the past year and have yet to have a problem with it.

Yea I was really considering getting it. But like you said it does have a slightly cheap looking feel. The USB 1.1 is a slight turn off though I already have a USB hub on my desk.

I looked at the Razor Lycossa and Saitek Cyborg keyboards, but they are both slightly expensive than the G15 (by about 5-10 bucks more) and lack an LCD, thoughts?
  5. Hi,

Just thought you'd be interested if you haven't found your silent keyboard yet. I was looking for the same thing and found
    a near perfect keyboard. What's more, it's Logitech. The Logitech Illuminated Keyboard. Has multimedia keys, almost silent keys (makes a light tap, instead of the usual clunk) If you choose to turn off the backlight, the letters are nice and big. It comes in both wired and a wireless version, which was handy to have the choice. It's plug and play, so almost no setup is involved
    It's very sleek in design, and makes for a very good-looking keyboard. Hope this helps and you find your keyboard eventually, if this doesn't suit. :D
Ask a new question

Read More

Keyboards Logitech Peripherals Product