Keyboard suggestions

ohsonoob

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
Hi community

Currently in the market for a new keyboard and I don't have a clue what would be a good buy.

Was looking at this keyboard:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823126043

But I also heard that the keyboard isn't too great for gaming and I'm worried that since it's thin that it's prone to break easily.

I don't want to spend over 100 bucks for a keyboard as I think it's way too over the top, and realistically my budget is at most 60-70 bucks after tax.

What I would like the keyboard to have would include

■Backlit keys (not an absolute must but having it is a major plus)
■Logitech or other well known brand (prefer Logitech keyboards as my current board is a Logitech board)
■LCD screen (a plus but not a deal breaker)
■Compact (since I have a small keyboard drawer that barely fits a mouse as well, smaller is a bit better but not an absolute)
■Must have a 10-key pad (absolute must)
■Silent keys (is preferred, if not that's okay too)
■Gaming "grade" (not necessary but nice. Good enough for playing games like EVE Online, TF2, BC2, L4D2 etc)
■USB Wired (not a deal breaker)
■Special Function Keys (i.e. back, forward, home, print, etc. nice but not necessary)
■Macro Keys (not needed but nice to have)
■Easy to clean (Major plus here)

Those are just a few features that I'm kinda looking for.

Thanks in advanced for the suggestions.

ohsonoob

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010

Yea, I was looking at a G15 just because it's pretty inexpensive for what it has, until I found out that the USB ports on the keyboard are USB 1.1... Anyways I'm still open to some suggestions.

A buddy of mine suggested a Saitek Eclipse II keyboard. I think they are out of production but can anyone give me a good idea on how good these keyboards are?

tkrl26

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2010
I love my G15.... which is what I was going to suggest... In game I can watch my GPU's FPS, thermals, useage, with EVGA's precision tool, cpu/mem/network load, or there is a ventrilo plugin, also SirReal's plug in that works with teamSpeak....

The keys are nice, nothing special, it does slightly have a cheap feel to it... But I have been using it for the past year and have yet to have a problem with it.

ohsonoob

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010

Yea I was really considering getting it. But like you said it does have a slightly cheap looking feel. The USB 1.1 is a slight turn off though I already have a USB hub on my desk.

I looked at the Razor Lycossa and Saitek Cyborg keyboards, but they are both slightly expensive than the G15 (by about 5-10 bucks more) and lack an LCD, thoughts?

newyorklex

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012
Hi,

Just thought you'd be interested if you haven't found your silent keyboard yet. I was looking for the same thing and found
a near perfect keyboard. What's more, it's Logitech. The Logitech Illuminated Keyboard. Has multimedia keys, almost silent keys (makes a light tap, instead of the usual clunk) If you choose to turn off the backlight, the letters are nice and big. It comes in both wired and a wireless version, which was handy to have the choice. It's plug and play, so almost no setup is involved
It's very sleek in design, and makes for a very good-looking keyboard. Hope this helps and you find your keyboard eventually, if this doesn't suit. :D