Access Denied

August 23, 2005 9:23:02 AM

After having problems with the computer, we had it returned with our
origional hardrive as a secondary in the tower, however, all bar one of the
old user accounts on the secondary hard drive is innaccessible. I keep
getting the error message 'Access Denied' and i cant take ownership of the
file as there is no security tab present on the properties of the folder. Any
ideas as to how i can get access to it?

More about : access denied

Anonymous
August 23, 2005 9:43:45 AM

sc wrote:
> After having problems with the computer, we had it returned with our
> origional hardrive as a secondary in the tower, however, all bar one
> of the old user accounts on the secondary hard drive is
> innaccessible. I keep getting the error message 'Access Denied' and i
> cant take ownership of the file as there is no security tab present
> on the properties of the folder. Any ideas as to how i can get access
> to it?

If you are using XP Home, start in Safe Mode and the Security tab will be visible.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 10:47:17 AM

I had the same problem a week or two ago and this is what they told me to
do and it worked.

For additional information about file and folder permissions, click the
following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/161275 Interaction of file and folder
security on NTFS volumes

or try this

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307874