Windows rebuild freezes after five minutes

cellardoor73

Honorable
Nov 3, 2012
I have Toshiba Dynabook that I bought in Japan. It originally had Vista on it, but recently I yanked the hard drive out and replaced it with a new one and installed windows 7 on it. I installed all the drivers it required using driver max and windows update, but it keeps freezing randomly. I ran the disk error check and no change and I tweaked my boot up to only run needed programs. I'm pretty sure it's not an overheating issue because it will run for hours when installing the os. I've already spent more time than I wanted to invest in this and am ready to smash the computer. What else can I try?

Have you run a virus check with your anti-virus software ? It could be that you need to run the repair Windows option on the Windows Install disc that you have.
Don't know if I would have used driver max for the drivers but you can go to the support web page of Tioshiba and look for drivers for Windows 7 for the model laptop that you have.

cellardoor73

Honorable
Nov 3, 2012
Thanks for the reply. I've updated everything and tried trouble shooting everything. I even reinstalled windows 7. Everything appears to run quick and great, and then it freezes again. One thing I noticed was that if I play a movie or watch something on Youtube, it always lasts about five minutes and then it freezes with the same buzzing sound. Otherwise sometimes it freezes after an hour of being on or sometimes during start up. Don't know what else to try.