directory error?

Right clicked to open file and got the following error message:

"hkSFV is not correctly installed (settings not found in directory)"

I clicked ok and got the usual box ie open, new print etc.

What is hkSFV and how do I fix the error

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about directory error

    DeneseVon wrote:

    > Right clicked to open file and got the following error message:
    >
    > "hkSFV is not correctly installed (settings not found in directory)"
    >
    > I clicked ok and got the usual box ie open, new print etc.
    >
    > What is hkSFV and how do I fix the error
    >
    > Thanks

    It looks like you have some third-party software installed:

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=hkSFV&btnG=Search

    This software has put itself into the right-click context menu and there
    is a problem with its entry (or you uninstalled the program and its
    uninstall routine was flawed). Use the free ShellExView to troubleshoot
    the right-click context menu entries:

    http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html

    Also:

    Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers -

    Right-click is extremely slow only when Network is enabled -
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/rcdelay.htm

    Right click causes an error and crashes Explorer.exe after installing
    Windows XP SP2 - http://www.winxptutor.com/sp2/divxcrash.htm

    Slow right-click and other issues -

    Manage the context-menu entries for folders, drives and Namespace
    objects - http://windowsxp.mvps.org/context_folders.htm

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

Internet Explorer Microsoft Error Message Windows XP