  • Microsoft
  • Error Message
  • Windows XP
August 23, 2005 10:11:07 AM

Right clicked to open file and got the following error message:

"hkSFV is not correctly installed (settings not found in directory)"

I clicked ok and got the usual box ie open, new print etc.

What is hkSFV and how do I fix the error

Thanks

More about : directory error

August 23, 2005 10:51:22 AM

DeneseVon wrote:

> Right clicked to open file and got the following error message:
>
> "hkSFV is not correctly installed (settings not found in directory)"
>
> I clicked ok and got the usual box ie open, new print etc.
>
> What is hkSFV and how do I fix the error
>
> Thanks

It looks like you have some third-party software installed:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=hkSFV&btnG=Sea...

This software has put itself into the right-click context menu and there
is a problem with its entry (or you uninstalled the program and its
uninstall routine was flawed). Use the free ShellExView to troubleshoot
the right-click context menu entries:

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html

Also:

Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers -

Right-click is extremely slow only when Network is enabled -
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/rcdelay.htm

Right click causes an error and crashes Explorer.exe after installing
Windows XP SP2 - http://www.winxptutor.com/sp2/divxcrash.htm

Slow right-click and other issues -

Manage the context-menu entries for folders, drives and Namespace
objects - http://windowsxp.mvps.org/context_folders.htm

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers