Delay right-clicking icon properties

Why does it take so long on XP to right-click an icon properties? Any idea
why this is happening?
1 answer Last reply
More about delay right clicking icon properties

    Linda P wrote:

    > Why does it take so long on XP to right-click an icon properties? Any
    > idea why this is happening?

    This is not normal XP behavior. Since we don't have any information
    about your computer, I can't give you specific advice. Here are links
    which will help you do the troubleshooting:

    Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers -

    Right-click is extremely slow only when Network is enabled -
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/rcdelay.htm

    Right click causes an error and crashes Explorer.exe after installing
    Windows XP SP2 - http://www.winxptutor.com/sp2/divxcrash.htm

    Slow right-click and other issues -

    Manage the context-menu entries for folders, drives and Namespace
    objects - http://windowsxp.mvps.org/context_folders.htm

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers