Delay right-clicking icon properties

August 23, 2005 1:53:59 PM

Why does it take so long on XP to right-click an icon properties? Any idea
why this is happening?
August 23, 2005 1:54:00 PM

Linda P wrote:

> Why does it take so long on XP to right-click an icon properties? Any
> idea why this is happening?

This is not normal XP behavior. Since we don't have any information
about your computer, I can't give you specific advice. Here are links
which will help you do the troubleshooting:

Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers -

Right-click is extremely slow only when Network is enabled -
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/rcdelay.htm

Right click causes an error and crashes Explorer.exe after installing
Windows XP SP2 - http://www.winxptutor.com/sp2/divxcrash.htm

Slow right-click and other issues -

Manage the context-menu entries for folders, drives and Namespace
objects - http://windowsxp.mvps.org/context_folders.htm

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers