New 2005FPW Screen Settings

Still getting used to my new 2005FPW. I updated my video card drivers for
the 64MB GeForce4 MX 420 in my Dimension 4550 and I am currently using an
analog connection with the native 1680 X 1050 resolution, clear type on and
large 120 DPI settings.

However, when reading email or the news groups in OE all of the "L's" in
small case such as "Dell" have a noticeable "orange" color to them. Anyone
ever heard of that or a fix? Also many web pages and some programs don't
display properly, things seem "scrunched up" for lack of a better
description. Maybe its the widescreen resolution that doesn't play well
with most standard screen display setups.

Anyone have the same monitor or any suggestions? I ordered an ATI 128MB AIW
Radeon 9800 Pro video card with DVI that should arrive today. Think that
may help? Thanks for any help, Pat

katy

Pat, did you get rid of the noticeable 'orange' on your new monitor? I just
hooked my new 2005FPW and didn't see any sign of color in text as you
reported. Maybe your new video card fixed that. I am having a little
trouble getting used to the wide screen view, I didn't realize the added 1"
would just be in the width but that is my fault for not comparing it to my
19". It is definately much easier to read text though for the distance my
monitor is away from me.
Just thought I'd report this, for what it's worth to anyone.
Thanks!
katy

"Pat Conover" <pat conover at comcast dot net> wrote in message
> Still getting used to my new 2005FPW. I updated my video card drivers for
> the 64MB GeForce4 MX 420 in my Dimension 4550 and I am currently using an
> analog connection with the native 1680 X 1050 resolution, clear type on
> and large 120 DPI settings.
>
> However, when reading email or the news groups in OE all of the "L's" in
> small case such as "Dell" have a noticeable "orange" color to them.
> Anyone ever heard of that or a fix? Also many web pages and some programs
> don't display properly, things seem "scrunched up" for lack of a better
> description. Maybe its the widescreen resolution that doesn't play well
> with most standard screen display setups.
>
> Anyone have the same monitor or any suggestions? I ordered an ATI 128MB
> AIW Radeon 9800 Pro video card with DVI that should arrive today. Think
> that may help? Thanks for any help, Pat

Katy, No the orange is still there, but I haven't had time to try the new
video card. Thanks, Pat