I keep getting different BSOD crashes.

interventx

Honorable
Nov 3, 2012
Hey all...
I made this thread because I just don't know what to do anymore and hopefully I'll find a solution to my problem by the help of this forum.
Anyway,
My problem is that I keep getting random BSOD crashes and this has been happening for about 2 months now.
Things I've tried:
Reinstalled Windows 7 Professional 64bit
Reinstalled all Graphics Driver
Every driver is up to date display wise I'm pretty sure.
Cleaned Computer Inside
Updated Motherboard Bios

Now, my computer doesn't overheat so its not an overheating problem
It crashes at random times so if I play games it crashes randomly either after 1 hour or after 5 minutes of playing or sometimes it doesn't crash at all. It also crashes when I'm just surfing the web or watching videos but not as much as when playing games.

Here is my System Specs:

Case: Coolermaster Haf X

Motherboard: EVGA X58 3X-Sli

Memory Ram: OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3

Processor: Intel Core i7 930 Quad Core 8MB Cache 2.8GHz

Heatsink: Coolermaster V8

Video Card: GTX 480 PNY

Power Supply: Corsair 850W

Monitor: LG 1920x1080 Full HD (23 Inch)

Hard Drive: Western D.1tb + WD 150Gb

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/6969/bluescreenviewcrashes.jpg

Please help me because its getting really frustrating :(
Thank you very much.

Here is a screenshot of what BlueScreenView shows:

interventx

Honorable
Nov 3, 2012
I've downloaded the program called WhoCrashed and for the last BSOD that I've got about 1 hour ago says this:

On Sat 11/3/2012 8:38:49 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\110312-37175-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: dxgkrnl.sys (0xFFFFF880036100C3)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFFDA00B8536C8, 0x0, 0xFFFFF880036100C3, 0x7)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: DirectX Graphics Kernel
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

Also, I do have the NVIDIA Driver up to date installed from their website and DirectX is also up to date.

One of the most common causes of blue screen crashes is a conflick between software nad between drivers so while it identified what driver caused the crash it may be that another driver or software caused the Nvidia driver to crash. That's what has to be identified and repaired.

Did you run the memory diagnostic that was suggested bt blackmancer ? You can download and run memtest86 to test you memory sticks. By reinstalling Windows and updating the bios on the MB and reinstalling the drivers you are pretty much ruling out software being an issue. Ram with faulty modules can be a cause of blue screens and since you haven't changed the ram and your still getting blue screens then there is the possability that it could be that. You have 6gb f ram and that's most likely three 2 gb sticks so you can try running one stick at a time in the first slot closest to the cpu and see if you still get the crashes and if you don't get a crash with a certian stick not installed. Running memtest is also a way to do this but you need to run the test for several hours.

interventx

Honorable
Nov 3, 2012
I did run a quick Memory Diagnostic Test by searching mdsched in Start Menu and restarting computer.
Took about 5-10minutes to run the test and said no issues found.
I might have to do the memtest soon to see if my ram is the problem or not.

looks like multiple errors, 3 of which were nvidia related. are you running on board sound or a sound card ?.........

uninstall nvidia drivers. *shut down windows auto updates* and shut of *auto driver install*. reboot. install nvidia drivers but do a custom install. ONLY install the graphics driver and the physx driver......NOTHING ELSE.

test machine.