Sign in with
Your question
Solved

How to control desktops from one master computer & screen?

Last response: in Windows 7
November 3, 2012 6:26:35 PM

Hi,

We have 8 machines that we need to control and image at our ghost station. The problem we have is the fact that our kvm switch has to be pressed every time we are configuring the next machine to join the multicast sessions of Norton Ghost.

Is there any software that allows one master computer to have at least a 4-network desktop view of computers on a local network on one screen?

For example, the program would be a big window that would house the other connected slave computers and display their desktop screen on the master computer within the window. It would do the same for the other three computers and you can navigate between them all by moving the mouse over it to gain it's focus and move to the next and gain its focus.

Is there such software available out there that can accomplish this?

a b $ Windows 7
November 3, 2012 6:55:25 PM

Wow that would be a great way of watching your empoyee's or should I say spyiing on them. :ouch:  :heink: 
If I come accross somrthing like that I post it.
m
l
November 3, 2012 7:33:37 PM

inzone said:
Wow that would be a great way of watching your empoyee's or should I say spyiing on them. :ouch:  :heink: 
If I come accross somrthing like that I post it.

It wouldn't be used for spying at all. There should be an easy way to manage and configure multiple computers just from one master computer screen where you can drop input and control it to setup it and then move to the next desktop screen within the master screen and work on the next machine.

They seriously haven't invented a technology or software that does this yet?

It be a REAL time saver, IMO... there's gotta be one software out there that does this... we really need it to speed up management processes by using only one monitor.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
November 3, 2012 7:46:48 PM

Assuming all the computers are running Professional/Business editions, or better, of Windows have you considered remote desktop?

Another alternative could be VNC viewer which will work with a much wider range range of operationg systems.
December 26, 2012 10:46:47 PM

Best answer selected by dissemble2discover.
m
l
!