Looking for good supplier

RDIII

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2002
I've recently started up a PC Service business in my small town and am looking for a good supplier to hook up with. Please let me know your opinions and experiences. Since I'm small I'm looking for a company that will work with me as I get started.

Thanks in advance,

RDIII

jcsimple

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2002
I am in Southeastern Connecticut and have just opened a small shop. In my experience you can go to manufacturers web pages and get information on which distributors they use and then contact them. Take your time and look at multiple hardware you want to offer and see which distributor keeps showing up. I will warn you that the profit margin you will get on most things is close to ZERO. With all the different "stores" on the web, in some cases I can not buy through my distributor as cheaply as some sites are selling items. So be forwarned.

Good Luck to you!

RDIII

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2002
Thanks for the info. I don't expect to have cheap prices. I just want to be able to get things for people if they want to buy stuff through me. My primary is Service and Support. If someone wants to buy products cheap then they can go somewhere else, they probably don't want my level of service anyway. I want a very small inventory to keep my overhead low. A couple companies I'm looking at are DALCO Electronics www.dalco.com and ENPC.com. I've also found that I can get pretty good prices on older stock from www.surpluscomputers.com.

BTW, I'm an hour north of Indianapolis Indiana on US 31 in a small town named Peru.

RDIII

LancerEvolution7

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2002
You should check the stores out at www.resellerratings.com.

"If you sign up for AOL now, we'll give you 1024 hours of slow service and disconnects free of charge"