WinXP internet connection problem

naveed

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2001
when i try to connect to my ISP an error occures during connecting process the error is "Error-720-A connection to the remote computer couldnot established.You might need to change the network settings for this connection.For further assistance check more info. or search help and support center for this error number." and in more info the following description is "More Info.-720-Aconnection couldnot be established because the pint to point(PPP) setting on your computer and on the remote computer do not match" and this is happenede after i completeing home network wizarad before doing home networking my internet connecting was working fine. i am using WinXP Pro.Please some one help me to resolve this problem.

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
What type of connection do you have? Broadband (DSL/Cable)? or Dialup?

You may not need to use PPP. OR, maybe you need to use PPP and don't have it installed (WinPOET or something like that). We need to know more about your configuration to give meaningful information.

For instance, I have Verizon DSL and need WinPoet (PPP client) installed. It requires a username and password. An alternative way for me is to use a Cable/DSL router and enter the PPP connection parameters in the router.

I'm not sure if XP has a PPP client builtin. If thats the case (and you require PPP) maybe your username and password is wrong.

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>

naveed

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2001
i have dialup(56K) connection and i also checked several times my usename and password.i am using USR 56K Message Modem(External Modem).Before running home network wizarad everything was ok.