Window 7 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterchin27

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
Hello,

Yesterday a friend installed Window 7 in my H.P ZE2000 older notebook.I was using XP before . I see window7 use more memory. My friend said I need more memory to speed up my notebook.The notebook work fine. Today I log on ,my notebook took about 7min, to come on.I was on Yahoo chat for 1/2 hr no problem, then I log off.Hour later I try to log on,,the computer said can not log on and can not fix. Do you feel ,maybe window 7 is too much for this older H.P notebook. Maybe new more memory?

peterchin27

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010

Hi,
I assumed my friend knew what he was doing installing Window-7 in older notebook (6yrs) with less memory.
You are right,,my driver can't support window-7. I will have another experience person installed original
Window XP. back in. Thanks for your support.

Pete

lotri

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
It shouldn't require an "experienced" person to reinstall Windows XP. All you need to do is search Google for the proper order of driver installation for an HP laptop.

Turn your computer off and put your Windows XP CD into your laptop's CD drive. Turn it on and follow instructions to reformat the partition. There are online guides on how to reformat a laptop as well.

peterchin27

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
Hi,
I ask my friend who installed Window 7,,ask him about the issue,,he really think I need to add more memory,,,So, I change the old memory from 512 to 2g,max out,,now it works fine. I was lucky Fry's had 1g on sale for $25.00 each. It been a week now, No issues.

Thanks

JessicaD

Distinguished
May 4, 2009
Peterchin27,

It would be best to first determine compatibility with your notebook. To determine if your current computer configuration will be compatible with Windows 7 please go to the following link: http://tinyurl.com/no4xb7

Another resource to verify compatibility is available at the Microsoft Windows 7 Compatibility Center located at the following link: http://bit.ly/1gW6Ns

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team

Status
Not open for further replies.