HP PhotoSmart 7550 - gaps in print

A friend's HP PhotoSmart 7550 has a problem. It leaves gaps when
printing in black. She has put in a brand new black cartridge, run the
cartridge cleaning programmes several times and tried printing on 'best'
for a couple of days. All of these are recommended by the book.

After all this, it still has a problem which is getting worse.

When she printed the last diagnostic test pages there were gaps in the
bars of colour on two out of the three pages, and gaps in the words;
although I guess this could be the colour cartridge running low after
the cleaning cycles.

Any suggestions?
--
Nigel M

Nigel M <reply@thegroup.com> wrote:
> A friend's HP PhotoSmart 7550 has a problem. It leaves gaps when
> printing in black. She has put in a brand new black cartridge, run
> the cartridge cleaning programmes several times and tried printing
> on 'best' for a couple of days. All of these are recommended by the
> book. After all this, it still has a problem which is getting
> worse.

> When she printed the last diagnostic test pages there were gaps in the
> bars of colour on two out of the three pages, and gaps in the words;
> although I guess this could be the colour cartridge running low after
> the cleaning cycles.

> Any suggestions?

Are the contacts on the cartridge and the socket clean?

rick jones
where do you want to be today?
feel free to post, OR email to raj in cup.hp.com but NOT BOTH...

TRENDING THREADS