Where can I get hard drive for my Sony PCG-505ts

Status
Not open for further replies.

murph456

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
Hello,
how large of a hard drive can I put in my Sony PCG-505TS as I would like to upgrade it to Windows XP if that is possible after I upgrade the ram to 128MB, help from anybody largly appreciated.

murph456

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
Thanks for the information however thats not really what I'm after. Ebay is of no use when looking for the proper hardrive for Sony vaio PCG-505TS and it's of less use when looking for the proper memory I need to install. I see where the memory go's but it has been so long since I cracked open a laptop this old it's alien to me all i see is 2 open slots less than 1" long and they don't seem like the standard slots which is why my question on memory i know I need 128mb which is the max, the system has build on 64mb of memory. I have a picture I'd be glad to email to anyone that can guide me in the right direction where i get this memory. Sony is of no help.

ericpol

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009

hey murph how did you get your hard drive out. I have a pcg-fx200 I can't figure out how to get to hard drive.

murph456, memory modules and hard disks for notebooks are all standard sizes. You'll be able to find hundreds of each that will fit in your notebook on Ebay. If you'd like to buy new, I suggest newegg.com.

You need to determine what type of memory your system uses and what hard disk interface it uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.