download files won't go to file

i click a file to D/L when the "I accept - Start Download" comes on I click
ok but after a few seconds the file will show up OPENED on the desktop and
the file will end up in "documentsand settings. If I right click the
download panel and select "save target as" then I can sent it to the proper
file. I checked HkEY-CURRENT_USER- and all the values are correct. The path
to folder is correct. Thanks for any help . Sterling
1 answer Last reply
More about download files file

    Not sure if this will help, I've not heard of this one before. However empty
    your temp internet files and temp files and try again. If that doesn't work
    I'm sure someone will have a more technical explanation.

    Neil

    "Sterling" <Sterling@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >i click a file to D/L when the "I accept - Start Download" comes on I click
    > ok but after a few seconds the file will show up OPENED on the desktop
    > and
    > the file will end up in "documentsand settings. If I right click the
    > download panel and select "save target as" then I can sent it to the
    > proper
    > file. I checked HkEY-CURRENT_USER- and all the values are correct. The
    > path
    > to folder is correct. Thanks for any help . Sterling

Download Desktops Microsoft Windows XP