Anthony

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

I have a user who after each print job a window/balloon pops up from the
system tray indicating the print job was submit/finished. How do stop this
notification.

Thanks.

Anthony

Start --> Printers and Faxes --> File --> Server Properties --> Advanced.

Just make sure you don't click on a printer when the printer and faxes
window opens, otherwise the server properties option doesn't appear. There
are two check boxes, one for network printers and one for local printers.

--
Posted 'as is'. If there are any spelling and/or grammar mistakes, they
were a direct result of my fingers and brain not being synchronized or my

Mike Brearley

"Anthony" <Anthony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a user who after each print job a window/balloon pops up from the
> system tray indicating the print job was submit/finished. How do stop
> this
> notification.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Anthony

Nightowl

Distinguished
May 17, 2001

Anthony wrote on Tue, 23 Aug 2005:

>I have a user who after each print job a window/balloon pops up from the
>system tray indicating the print job was submit/finished. How do stop this
>notification.

Hi Anthony

Control Panel > Printers and Faxes. Highlight the printer that is giving
the alerts.

On the File menu, choose Server Properties, then Advanced tab. Uncheck
"Show informational notifications for local printers" and/or ". . .for
network printers" as desired. "Notify when remote documents are printed"
might also apply in your case.

Hope this helps.

--
Nightowl

Anthony wrote:

> I have a user who after each print job a window/balloon
> pops up from the system tray indicating the print job
> was submit/finished. How do stop this notification.

Hi,

How To Enable or Disable Print Job Notifications in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308217

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: