Sign in with
Your question

Bandwith question

Last response: in Windows 7
November 4, 2012 1:02:01 AM

Hello this question is about bandwith usage (internet usage)

Lately my internet usage has been high 5gb+ everyday! and i havent download anything lately if so less than a GB. Ever since then i read more about bandwith use and noticed that playing games such as online watching youtube opening tabs visiting sites increase your bandwith overtime...

For me I like to have many tabs, a game thats 1gb memory (task manager) running, and in those tabs are maybe 1 youtube, 2-4+ google sites of different things...

In 8 days ive accumulated 60GB. I have 90GB capacity and 25 days left to go i have to limit my use... of?

Thats my question please help me and advice what do i limit on to not use too much bandwith? Is it my gamnig that causes bandwith? too many tabs you guys tell me ty

More about : bandwith question

November 4, 2012 2:25:15 AM

What games are you playing?

Have you ran any scans in case if your computer had been infected and turned into a spam-bot?
m
l
November 4, 2012 12:49:13 PM

yes i have BItdefender total security 2013 and it autoscans and havent detected anything beside that i did it manually myself to make sure.

Games i currently play is Dota 2 through steam and Aion through Ncsoft.
I usually play with multiple tabs open while playing windowed screen with one of those games. I just recently got a bandwith monitor and the more tabs i open while gaming eats up my bandwith and ive been doing that lately...

i have roughly 30gb or less i have to limit my self but idk which to limit myself on playing games? Opening too many tabs or both?
m
l
November 4, 2012 2:51:39 PM

ive figured out the problem...I THINK

its not the online games (not including updates) that eats up bandwith but its my youtube usage i usually watch videos and watch them at the highest quality whether its 720p or 1080p. I just realized that it eats 3.5mb/s watching 1080p i watched a video 7min long or something and racked up 1.30gb
m
l
!