Shell_NotifyIcon NIM_ADD failed - a question

August 23, 2005 10:32:44 PM

Every time I start-up XP < I get a message from CWindowsControler, "
Shell_NotifyIcon NIM_ADD failed" click OK. I am told this relates to a
Program Icon trying to change, but not able to do so I am wondering if I can
find-out which Program is causing this..? (I apologize if this particular
item has been handled here already.)Any insight or knowlege of this subject
is appreciated.

Larry
August 24, 2005 7:14:39 AM

Larry Starr wrote:

> Every time I start-up XP < I get a message from CWindowsControler, "
> Shell_NotifyIcon NIM_ADD failed" click OK. I am told this relates to a
> Program Icon trying to change, but not able to do so I am wondering if I can
> find-out which Program is causing this..? (I apologize if this particular
> item has been handled here already.)Any insight or knowlege of this subject
> is appreciated.
>
> Larry

Try some clean boot troubleshooting to identify what program is causing
the issue.

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310560

How to perform advanced clean-boot troubleshooting in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=316434

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User