Shell_NotifyIcon NIM_ADD failed - a question

Every time I start-up XP < I get a message from CWindowsControler, "
Shell_NotifyIcon NIM_ADD failed" click OK. I am told this relates to a
Program Icon trying to change, but not able to do so I am wondering if I can
find-out which Program is causing this..? (I apologize if this particular
item has been handled here already.)Any insight or knowlege of this subject
is appreciated.

Larry

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Larry Starr wrote:

> Every time I start-up XP < I get a message from CWindowsControler, "
> Shell_NotifyIcon NIM_ADD failed" click OK. I am told this relates to a
> Program Icon trying to change, but not able to do so I am wondering if I can
> find-out which Program is causing this..? (I apologize if this particular
> item has been handled here already.)Any insight or knowlege of this subject
> is appreciated.
>
> Larry

Try some clean boot troubleshooting to identify what program is causing
the issue.

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310560

How to perform advanced clean-boot troubleshooting in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=316434

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User