Shell_NotifyIcon NIM_ADD failed - a question

Every time I start-up XP < I get a message from CWindowsControler, "
Shell_NotifyIcon NIM_ADD failed" click OK. I am told this relates to a
Program Icon trying to change, but not able to do so I am wondering if I can
find-out which Program is causing this..? (I apologize if this particular
item has been handled here already.)Any insight or knowlege of this subject
is appreciated.

Larry
1 answer Last reply
More about shell_notifyicon nim_add failed question

    Larry Starr wrote:

    > Every time I start-up XP < I get a message from CWindowsControler, "
    > Shell_NotifyIcon NIM_ADD failed" click OK. I am told this relates to a
    > Program Icon trying to change, but not able to do so I am wondering if I can
    > find-out which Program is causing this..? (I apologize if this particular
    > item has been handled here already.)Any insight or knowlege of this subject
    > is appreciated.
    >
    > Larry

    Try some clean boot troubleshooting to identify what program is causing
    the issue.

    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310560

    How to perform advanced clean-boot troubleshooting in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=316434

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User