I have some code which, in the past, has played simple audio tones
using the Beep(freq,duration) function in the Windows API.

Recently, I've noticed that some computers will only beep the speaker
on the motherboard, and nothing will play from the speakers and
headphones (even though other audio plays just fine).

Which function and/or setting controls this behavior?

Mike

kelly

Hi Mike,

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\.Default\.Current

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP