Sign in with
Your question

Computer Wont Boot from CD.

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
March 1, 2010 1:53:20 AM

Hey Guys,

I need to repartition my hardrive since my computer has been acting slow lately and my trial version of windows 7 just ran out. However for some reason I am unable to boot from the cd.

I changed the settings in the Bios so that cd was the frist to boot from, it does the usual hit a key in order to boot from cd. I do this then...It goes to the next screen which is black and says loading systems files on the bottom in gray, then boots to a blank screen of what would be the windows 7 background with just a huge mosue cursor. Any idea why this is happening.

More about : computer wont boot

March 1, 2010 3:48:31 AM

If your trial version of Windows 7 ran out, wouldn't they prevent you from reinstalling it? I'm not sure how they'd do that, but Microsoft must have its ways!
March 2, 2010 5:47:04 PM

DyersEve0666 said:
Hey Guys,

I need to repartition my hardrive since my computer has been acting slow lately and my trial version of windows 7 just ran out. However for some reason I am unable to boot from the cd.

I changed the settings in the Bios so that cd was the frist to boot from, it does the usual hit a key in order to boot from cd. I do this then...It goes to the next screen which is black and says loading systems files on the bottom in gray, then boots to a blank screen of what would be the windows 7 background with just a huge mosue cursor. Any idea why this is happening.

Hey as an update to this problem, I was actually able to repartition the drive using an old xp-pro disc. However following the repartition and what I thought was the installation of windows, the computer would restart and when trying to boot from the hard drive I would receive a disk read error.

Not really sure, why this is happening, and if I try to boot from the windows 7 disc I still get the same error.

Going to try lurking around the forums here for an answer but tough when only time I have a computer is at work.

!