  • Computers
Last response: in Computer Brands
a b V Motherboard
May 2, 2004 1:54:28 AM

I bought a MB on eBay for my Dimension 4100 but it seems to use Rambus
memory so I can't use it without a bigger invetsment than I contemplated.

The board is model "25UXR" socket 370.

Any one know what Dell this came from so I can re-sell with proper specs?

Thank you.

--
Remove -NOSPAM- to contact me.

More about : motherboard

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 2, 2004 1:54:29 AM

"John Keiser" <john.keiser2@verizon.net> wrote in message
news:o 0Vkc.131856$L31.115501@nwrddc01.gnilink.net...
> I bought a MB on eBay for my Dimension 4100 but it seems to use Rambus
> memory so I can't use it without a bigger invetsment than I contemplated.
>
> The board is model "25UXR" socket 370.
>
> Any one know what Dell this came from so I can re-sell with proper specs?
>
> Thank you.
>

> --
> Remove -NOSPAM- to contact me.

If it's a socket 370 with Rambus (2 sockets) it likely came from a Dimension
XPS B series (using the Intel 820 chipset). I doubt it's an equivalent Dell
Optiplex board unless it has integrated video....

Stew
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 2, 2004 2:19:45 AM

that board is for the dimension bxxx found here:
http://docs.us.dell.com/docs/systems/dmag/
it accepts pc600/pc700/pc800 that are 128mb or 256mb, for a system max of
512mb.

"John Keiser" <john.keiser2@verizon.net> wrote in message
news:o 0Vkc.131856$L31.115501@nwrddc01.gnilink.net...
> I bought a MB on eBay for my Dimension 4100 but it seems to use Rambus
> memory so I can't use it without a bigger invetsment than I contemplated.
>
> The board is model "25UXR" socket 370.
>
> Any one know what Dell this came from so I can re-sell with proper specs?
>
> Thank you.
>

> --
> Remove -NOSPAM- to contact me.

Anonymous