Dell Business Merchandise

Ron

I got a stupid question. I guess you could call me a troll. Why not
buy a Dell Optiplex for home use?

It looks like it has the basic software and has a better warranty? I
though someone said that tech support was Englesss people? Looks
cheaper too! Butt what do I know? I have a problem with critical
thinking skills.
Thanks

I see no reason why you shouldn't do that if you can get the package
that you want at a good price. I bought my current two Dells through
the small business division because the price was better, but they are
consumer type Dells, not Optiplexes.

Ken

Ron wrote:
> I got a stupid question. I guess you could call me a troll. Why not
> buy a Dell Optiplex for home use?
>
> It looks like it has the basic software and has a better warranty? I
> though someone said that tech support was Englesss people? Looks
> cheaper too! Butt what do I know? I have a problem with critical
> thinking skills.
> Thanks

My first Dell for use at home was a Optiplex GX1, and it was perfectly
satisfactory with Win XP.

Paul Riemerman

Ron wrote:
> I got a stupid question. I guess you could call me a troll. Why not
> buy a Dell Optiplex for home use?
>
> It looks like it has the basic software and has a better warranty? I
> though someone said that tech support was Englesss people? Looks
> cheaper too! Butt what do I know? I have a problem with critical
> thinking skills.

One of the six Dells I've purchased was an Optiplex GX60. I had
excellent customer support (they gave me a free XP Home to Pro upgrade
when I realized I ordered the wrong OS) and there was Zero hold time on
the phone. This was 2 years ago. I basically did it because I wanted the
Small Form Factor case for a music appliance. But I do think that the
Dimensions give better value for the dollar. On the Small Business site
you can buy the good warranty (Gold Support) so that isn't a factor.
YMMV of course -- check the prices difference before you order.