cdrw not recognized

Hello all,
I need help with my compaq 7599 presario.
My computer does not recognize my cd\rw drive. I have a cd rom and cd
burner. My cd rom works fine but the cd burner is not recognized by any
programs. This statted about 2 weeks ago. Let me also say that the cd\rw
will still open and close when you push the button.

Any advice is appreciated
Dewayne

--
finfan101

Does the CD-RW function when used to read CDs? ... Ben Myers