Advance Power Options for All Users

August 23, 2005 5:37:15 PM

Does anyone know how to disable "prompt for password when computer
resumes from standby" for all users.

When ever our users close the laptop lid the computer goes into
standby. I would like to disable this for all users. Is this
possible? If so, how.

Thanks
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 7:20:01 PM

1. Right click on your desktop and select "Properties" (brings up Display
Properties).

2. Select the "Screen Saver" tab on Display Properties.

3. Click on the "Power" button at bottom right side of "Screen Saver" tab
(brings up Power Options Properties).

4. Select the "Advanced" tab on Power Options Properties.

5. Uncheck the box next to "Prompt for password when computer resumes from
standby."

6. (optional) If you want, you could also change "Power buttons" setting for
"When I close the lid of my portable computer:" on the same "Advanced" tab on
Power Options Properties to "Do Nothing"

-gdv

!