Advance Power Options for All Users

Does anyone know how to disable "prompt for password when computer
resumes from standby" for all users.

When ever our users close the laptop lid the computer goes into
standby. I would like to disable this for all users. Is this
possible? If so, how.

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about advance power options users

    1. Right click on your desktop and select "Properties" (brings up Display
    Properties).

    2. Select the "Screen Saver" tab on Display Properties.

    3. Click on the "Power" button at bottom right side of "Screen Saver" tab
    (brings up Power Options Properties).

    4. Select the "Advanced" tab on Power Options Properties.

    5. Uncheck the box next to "Prompt for password when computer resumes from
    standby."

    6. (optional) If you want, you could also change "Power buttons" setting for
    "When I close the lid of my portable computer:" on the same "Advanced" tab on
    Power Options Properties to "Do Nothing"

    -gdv

    "cta582@sbcglobal.net" wrote:

    > Does anyone know how to disable "prompt for password when computer
    > resumes from standby" for all users.
    >
    > When ever our users close the laptop lid the computer goes into
    > standby. I would like to disable this for all users. Is this
    > possible? If so, how.
    >
    > Thanks

Microsoft Power Windows XP