Installing win7 won't expand windows files and then error

torress1990

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
Hello guys, it's good to join you. Now i have very big problem. So i bought new motherboard (3 days ago) and installed all parts: cpu, 2 HDD's (160GB sata and 250GB ide) + ODD and that's all. Then, how ussualy i plugged power cable to motherboard. Everything is connected good.
I turn power on-> insert Win7 home premium x64 CD -> boot -> start to install -> format and create 2 partitions (1 partition for 1 HDD) -> press that windows will be installed on 160 GB HDD -> windows loads files and when start expanding it goes slow. Few times (maybe 2 of all) it reached 60% but more than 25% - never.
What i see and what happens: I see blue screen with information that i must disable antivirus and so on. In the end of the page i see that something is stopped (but now i cant write what because i can't see).

When i try to install win xp, it seems like everything is OK.

Oh i forgot to say that i tested and wiped my HDD's with hirens bootable cd.

Motherboard: ASRock g41m-s3
Hdd: 160 and 250 Gb
Ram: PATRIOT DDR3 1333 MHz
Video card: no
CPU: Intell Pentium D 820, 2Mb 800FSB 2.8GHz

PPPLLEEEAAASE help me, i tried everything with 4 CD's, on laptop and other PC those all CD's works perfect.

abbadon_34

Distinguished
win7 by default creates 2 partitions, a small hidden system partition, and second main partition. there could be a conflict with your partitioning. trying deleting all partitions and just installing to the drive and see what happens. if you really need to you can create a 3rd partition later

torress1990

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012

yes, it creates 2 partitions, one 100 Mb system reserved and other primary (if i remember correctly). so i install to the primary. and install fails where i described.

is it possible that motherboard is bad (i mean something is broken) ?

abbadon_34

Distinguished
trying deleteing all the partitions just installing to the drive (no partitioning or formatting other than is necesarry, let windows do most of the work)

also check your ram, pulling and moving sticks and memtest86 . what is the history of these components? is the motherboard new or has it been running fine previously? the hard drives are obviously old, you try using the other one.

torress1990

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012

DDR3 and Motherboard are absolutely new. Cpu is used, HDD is about 2 - 3 years old and other maybe 3 - 4. FSB pins for ram are set to 1333MHz, but CPU is only 800Mhz. Ok, i'll try to run memtes86+.

weaselman

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
Right let me run you through this.
When it happens it can relate to a bad HD, it is corrupt in some way.
The 160 Gb sata may have an error on it. It has a few bad sectors on the disk that formatting the drive does not flag as bad.
Since they are not flagged, windows will try to install its self to the drive where the bad sectors are failing,it cannot write the data to that part of the drive.
A bad sector of a drive can only be flagged as bad by a disk checker so it is not used again, once you format the drive though, the list of bad sectors is wiped out.

The second is this, if your drive is set to Sata mode try Ahci mode instead.
And if you have no intention of using Raid turn that option off in the bios aswell.

torress1990

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012

OK. but this could be for both HDD's? i mean bad sectors?
I tried to check for bad sectors with hirens HDTA2 and both HDD are OK, no warnings, no bad sectors...

weaselman

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
Have you tried to install the OS to the IDE drive ?
That would tell you.
It could be a case of a fact of an IDE drive with a Sata drive, Ahci mode if there is a conflict
should in some way sort the problem out if the case.

torress1990

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012

both hdd write same errors : disable or uninstall any anti-virus, disk defragmentation or backup utilities for sata;

Reason for Error 0X80070003

Error code 0X80070003 is known to occur due to misconfigured, lethargic, or inconsistent internet access. Microsoft update services need constant bandwidth to respond correctly and transmit the latest security files and software patches.

Error 0X80070003 can also occur when the DataStore folder includes information that is inconsistent or mismatched. This can sometimes be resolved by accessing the DataStore folder and deleting everything in it.

If you are still getting error 0X80070003 even after trying to independently solve the problem, check your system for internal memory problems. These problems may include registry errors that are difficult to identify in Windows, which often necessitate high priced IT professionals. for IDE.

could it bet motherboards' fault?

How i said xp windows installed few times with no problem on those hdd.

Now it is connected one hdd sata, cpu, and thats all. no ODD or something else

Booting windows from USB

weaselman

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
Ok do a memory check then, also make sure the bios set the right voltage to what is stated on the memory stick, check that the timings of the memory sticks are also set right in the bios. Are the FSB of the cpu and memory in sync ? You are using a pentium D so I would check if its not the cause of the problem. In that case I would lower if you can the speed the memory is running at so it matches the FSB of the cpu and see if it works.

torress1990

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012

All voltages are set to auto, i changed onlu cpu voltage to 1.4V, then set ddr freq wiht pins on board and in bios 800MHz.

What timings have to be? because all is auto.

and i disabled game port, paralel port and printer port, floppy, in bios

torress1990

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
memtest86 during ram test found about 7 errors. So if i change ram, will this be solution ?

one more question: If my MB FSB speed is set to 1333 and DDR3 1333MHz, but CPU is only 800, can anything be damaged ?

torress1990

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012

ok. how i said i set with pins on board that my FSB speed should be 1333 because of the RAMs' speed. But my CPU FSB speed is only 800, what should i do now?

Now, memtest find ~40 errors. how i understand once errors found RAM's are damaged and i need to raplace it??

abbadon_34

Distinguished
i would not expect that sort of setting to do permanent damage, but it does appear to be unstable. reset to defaults, which will be slower than advertised, and run again.

they are actually very few standard memory speeds, most are overclocked to get the advertised speed with a good bin and often without

torress1990

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012

So i need to set pin jumper to it's default, that my FSB speed should 533Mhz?