URGENT- VIRUS

Hi, somehow (little brother) my comp. has gotten the MSN block checker Virus.
Is there anyway to get rid of it? So far its installed pop ups that my pop up
blockers cant get rid of, and it has disabled the 'enter' button on my
keyboard. Please help ASAP. Thanks in advance.

Update- I've uninstalled it with the uninstaller it provides, but most
likely that didn't get rid of the virus. Since then I've restarted the
computer, and the Enter button works now. But my Norton anti-virus auto-scan
was disabled and when I've tried to enable or use the program now, it just
said that the license was tampered with so I have to uninstall and reinstall.
So I'm making the attempt to reinstall now. I'll let you know if it works
after, but please give me a hand in the mean time. Is there anything else I
need to get rid of the "MSN block checker" ? Ive deleted the files in the
"Program Files" except for one. Its called "csrss.exe". I know this is also
the name of a system file but I dont think that this one is it. it was
installed in the Block Checker folder and is the only one left there. When I
try to dlete it, it will only say Access denied. Is there any otehr way?

Please consult the experts in the virus removal newsgroup:

Antivirus software: Frequently asked questions
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/antivirus.mspx

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"thunderstruck_302" wrote:

| Hi, somehow (little brother) my comp. has gotten the MSN block checker Virus.
| Is there anyway to get rid of it? So far its installed pop ups that my pop up
| blockers cant get rid of, and it has disabled the 'enter' button on my
| keyboard. Please help ASAP. Thanks in advance.
|
| Update- I've uninstalled it with the uninstaller it provides, but most
| likely that didn't get rid of the virus. Since then I've restarted the
| computer, and the Enter button works now. But my Norton anti-virus auto-scan
| was disabled and when I've tried to enable or use the program now, it just
| said that the license was tampered with so I have to uninstall and reinstall.
| So I'm making the attempt to reinstall now. I'll let you know if it works
| after, but please give me a hand in the mean time. Is there anything else I
| need to get rid of the "MSN block checker" ? Ive deleted the files in the
| "Program Files" except for one. Its called "csrss.exe". I know this is also
| the name of a system file but I dont think that this one is it. it was
| installed in the Block Checker folder and is the only one left there. When I
| try to dlete it, it will only say Access denied. Is there any otehr way?

But theres no way that I'll get a proper working answer there by the end of
today... I've seen lots of virus questions asked here...

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Please consult the experts in the virus removal newsgroup:
>
> Antivirus software: Frequently asked questions
> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/antivirus.mspx
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "thunderstruck_302" wrote:
>
> | Hi, somehow (little brother) my comp. has gotten the MSN block checker Virus.
> | Is there anyway to get rid of it? So far its installed pop ups that my pop up
> | blockers cant get rid of, and it has disabled the 'enter' button on my
> | keyboard. Please help ASAP. Thanks in advance.
> |
> | Update- I've uninstalled it with the uninstaller it provides, but most
> | likely that didn't get rid of the virus. Since then I've restarted the
> | computer, and the Enter button works now. But my Norton anti-virus auto-scan
> | was disabled and when I've tried to enable or use the program now, it just
> | said that the license was tampered with so I have to uninstall and reinstall.
> | So I'm making the attempt to reinstall now. I'll let you know if it works
> | after, but please give me a hand in the mean time. Is there anything else I
> | need to get rid of the "MSN block checker" ? Ive deleted the files in the
> | "Program Files" except for one. Its called "csrss.exe". I know this is also
> | the name of a system file but I dont think that this one is it. it was
> | installed in the Block Checker folder and is the only one left there. When I
> | try to dlete it, it will only say Access denied. Is there any otehr way?

Removing MSN Block-Checker tutorial
http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/forums.asp?s=2&c=8&t=14619

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"thunderstruck_302" wrote:

| But theres no way that I'll get a proper working answer there by the end of
| today... I've seen lots of virus questions asked here...

Go here for a free online virus scan:
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

Remove any spyware:
http://www.broomeman.com/spyware/

"thunderstruck_302" <thunderstruck302@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:ED178B00-716B-4C8F-9BBF-483E528CA166@microsoft.com...

From: "thunderstruck_302" <thunderstruck302@discussions.microsoft.com>

| Hi, somehow (little brother) my comp. has gotten the MSN block checker Virus.
| Is there anyway to get rid of it? So far its installed pop ups that my pop up
| blockers cant get rid of, and it has disabled the 'enter' button on my
| keyboard. Please help ASAP. Thanks in advance.
|
| Update- I've uninstalled it with the uninstaller it provides, but most
| likely that didn't get rid of the virus. Since then I've restarted the
| computer, and the Enter button works now. But my Norton anti-virus auto-scan
| was disabled and when I've tried to enable or use the program now, it just
| said that the license was tampered with so I have to uninstall and reinstall.
| So I'm making the attempt to reinstall now. I'll let you know if it works
| after, but please give me a hand in the mean time. Is there anything else I
| need to get rid of the "MSN block checker" ? Ive deleted the files in the
| "Program Files" except for one. Its called "csrss.exe". I know this is also
| the name of a system file but I dont think that this one is it. it was
| installed in the Block Checker folder and is the only one left there. When I
| try to dlete it, it will only say Access denied. Is there any otehr way?

There are anti virus News Groups specifically for this type of discussion.

microsoft.public.security.virus
alt.comp.virus
alt.comp.anti-virus

Download MULTI_AV.EXE from the URL --

http://kixtart.org Kixtart is CareWare } three batch files, five Kixtart scripts, one Link
(.LNK) file, a PDF instruction file and two utilities; UNZIP.EXE and WGET.EXE. It will
simplify the process of using; Sophos, Trend and McAfee Anti Virus Command Line Scanners to
remove viruses, Trojans and various other malware.

way all the components can be downloaded from each AV vendor’s web site.
The choices are; Sophos, Trend, McAfee, Exit the menu and Reboot the PC.

file.

Choose; Unzip
Choose; Close

Execute; C:\AV-CLS\StartMenu.BAT

Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

From: "thunderstruck_302" <thunderstruck302@discussions.microsoft.com>

| But theres no way that I'll get a proper working answer there by the end of
| today... I've seen lots of virus questions asked here...

Not true -- You would be answered promptly !

Virus questions are asked here because the poster knows no better.
All AV News Groups are monitored by those who specialize in infectors.
People in this News Group specialize on Windows XP.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

You should kill the process of csrss.exe first.And then delete the
startup program of the csrss.exe.The last,delete the files.Security
Expert can help you kill the prosecc and delete the startup program
files fo the csrss.exe.Security Expert also supply you make judgement
of a suspicious process is a backdoor or a worm?
GO to http://securityexpert.cnns.net/process01.htm to know more.

connectionwizard

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
Hello everyone. My name is Mike and I fix computers for fun. I created a web page www.connectionwizard.org with some great links on it for free virus removal tools. I promise you if you cant get your windows updates or keep getting pages popping up, this will cure your machine making it new again. just read everything and it will tell you what order to use them in and what not. I found these tool to be the best out there and I compared them to a lot of scanners. I dont care what you read on the internet but I make absolutly nothing from this so you will get my honest oppinion. Trust me these programs are the best out there and will remove 100% of your problems for free. Hope you enjoy the site and I hope the info helps you out. take care. you can reach me at mike@connectionwizard.comoj.com or for faster results connectionwizard@rocketmail.com. Well you will get no tresults untill i wake up. lol been up all night and its 814am. starting to get tired now so good night lol.

connectionwizard

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
Probably true but others read this post and I help them out. I see them coming from all over the world to get free assistance fixing their computers.