curtis

Distinguished
May 26, 2004

The validations loops back to itself and never allows the download. I get a
validation number but that is as farit goes.

Launch Internet Explorer and from the Toolbar select:
Tools > Internet Options > Settings > View Objects.
Right-click on each item denoted as "Windows Genuine
Advantage Validation Tool" and select "Remove".

Afterward, revisit the Windows Update web site.

Troubleshooting:

The Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) validation check process
does not complete when you try to validate your copy of Windows XP
or Windows 2000 Professional
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;905226

Please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of Microsoft Download Center
pages to request assistance directly from Microsoft:
http://support.microsoft.com/gp/ContactDownloads

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP