Card Size

Last response: in Video Games
October 2, 2004 9:07:11 PM

Is there a way to change the card size on Solitaire? On
my PC the cards appear quite large. On my father's they
are so small they are hard to see. Our settings are the
same in the Display Panel. Is there another way to adjust
the size. My mom's eyesight is bad and she can't see
them. I'm using the regular Microsoft XP version. Thanks!

More about : card size

Anonymous
October 4, 2004 6:46:16 PM

Hi Connie,

"Connie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12f901c4a8dc$ee3f3dd0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
| Is there a way to change the card size on Solitaire? On
| my PC the cards appear quite large. On my father's they
| are so small they are hard to see. Our settings are the
| same in the Display Panel. Is there another way to adjust
| the size. My mom's eyesight is bad and she can't see
| them. I'm using the regular Microsoft XP version. Thanks!

To make one of the Windows Games such as Solitaire larger:

First, copy the game:
Click Start / All Programs / Games
Right click on the game (Solitaire for example)
Select Properties from the list
Press the "Find Target" button on the next window
Right Click on the highlighted file and select Copy

Next paste the copy to your Desktop:
Right Click on your Desktop
Select Paste from the list

Finally, we'll change the resolution setting for the game:
Right click on the game you just pasted to your Desktop
Select Properties from the list and Click on the Compatibility Tab
Put a check in the box marked "Run in 640 x 480 screen resolution"

Now whenever you want to play, click on that game on your Desktop and it
will open in full screen mode using the largest Cards and Numbers possible! :-)

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User