The Page Cannot Be Displayed

August 23, 2005 6:51:12 PM

Need a bit of help with a problem with internet explorer 6

The affect PC is windows Professional with Service Pack 2 installed

All internet protocols are correct, all settings are correct.

However when trying to connect to a secure site I get the message

"Page Cannot Be Displayed"

The detect network settings is greyed out. Internet provider is Homecall

More about : page displayed

August 23, 2005 7:53:32 PM

Scooby wrote:

> Need a bit of help with a problem with internet explorer 6
>
> The affect PC is windows Professional with Service Pack 2 installed
>
> All internet protocols are correct, all settings are correct.
>
> However when trying to connect to a secure site I get the message
>
> "Page Cannot Be Displayed"
>
> The detect network settings is greyed out. Internet provider is
> Homecall

Try re-registering the .dll's as follows:

Start>Run cmd [enter]
iexplore.exe /rereg [enter]

Please be sure your computer is 100% virus and malware-free:
http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Removing...

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Scooby Wrote:
> Need a bit of help with a problem with internet explorer 6
>
> The affect PC is windows Professional with Service Pack 2 installed
>
> All internet protocols are correct, all settings are correct.
>
> However when trying to connect to a secure site I get the message
>
> "Page Cannot Be Displayed"
>
> The detect network settings is greyed out. Internet provider is
> Homecall

Try this:

Tools --> Internet Options --> Advanced Tab
Scroll to the bottom and make sure the SSL and TSL (all versions) are
all CHECKED.

If that doesn't work, check this site because I got the information
from there:
http://www.duxcw.com/faq/win/xp/secure.htm

--
Evolution54
August 24, 2005 6:11:07 AM

=?Utf-8?B?U2Nvb2J5?= wrote:

> Need a bit of help with a problem with internet explorer 6

Try Netscape 7.2

So far, no problems like you have.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/
August 24, 2005 6:56:19 AM

Scooby wrote:

> Need a bit of help with a problem with internet explorer 6
>
> The affect PC is windows Professional with Service Pack 2 installed
>
> All internet protocols are correct, all settings are correct.
>
> However when trying to connect to a secure site I get the message
>
> "Page Cannot Be Displayed"
>
> The detect network settings is greyed out. Internet provider is Homecall

How to troubleshoot problems accessing secure Web pages with Internet
Explorer 6 Service Pack 2
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=870700

How to troubleshoot situations where you cannot complete MSN sign-up or
connect to SSL secured (128-Bit) Web sites by using Internet Explorer in
Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=813444

--
Rock