Sign in with
Your question

Do we need all this CPU power?

Last response: in CPUs
July 28, 2003 7:19:00 PM

I'm just tired of this : CPU WAR!

Everybody is right and wrong!

Who can't enjoy today's game with is 2.0Ghz P4 or is Athlon XP1800+???

I mean, many people wants the best Bench for their PCs. Many people put in their "signature" their Rig and 3DMark scores. Well, it's useless!

I just want to make my point clear! Most people will never use 100% of the CPU power they have in there hands. I wish that more people will start to think this way. Because, I read every day taht people recommend this over that because of the benchmarks and bla bla...

I wish more people will care about "WHAT WILL YOU DO" with your rig?

For 90% of the people here, a basic Athlon or P4 will do more than what they need. I think too many people that hardware company wants there money!

Well, I stop here! I already know that many people will say : DOOM 3, HL2, Video Encoding and so on...

And for those, here is my answer : DOOM 3 and HL2 are not out yet! And if these games can't run on average systems they will not sell! Valve and id Software wants to make money! These game will run on average system. And for the minority of you who do a lot of Video Editing, go and buy P4 3.2GHz. But stop telling everyone that they need this huge amount of CPU power to do day to day stuff and casual Video Editing.

Bye bye!

--
Would you buy a GPS enabled soap bar?

More about : cpu power

July 28, 2003 7:26:59 PM

First I have to ask: What CPU war? Does anyone even give a sh__ anymore?

Second I have to say that I respect your right to hold your opinion.

Third I have to say that just because you hold an opinion doesn't mean it is everyone (anyone) else's opinion.

Fourth I have to say that personally I completely disagree and that just because <i>you</i> can't find ways to use 100% of <i>your</i> CPU doesn't mean that I can't find ways to max out my CPU. Further, whether people can or cannot, do or do not, who made you god to decide what is right and wrong in the first place? No one, that's who. So if you don't like it, too bad for you. That's just the way it is. Learn to cope or live with pointless stress. It's your choice. Either way nothing is going to change.

"<i>Let's see what <b>Paragraph 84-B</b> has to say about it.</i>" - Thief from <A HREF="http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=030724" target="_new">8-Bit Theater</A>
July 28, 2003 7:39:35 PM

Good!

I respect everyone opinions... I don't say I AM the truth. I'm just tired of people who recommend too much to people who don't need that "too much power".

It's just that! You know, If I had the budget I would buy the top of the line CPU. But I usually base my choice and recommendation on needs and budget. This is the best way to get the best for the cash.

I wish this thread will stay away from the classic cpu war stuff. With this thred I want to read what do people think about REAL needs...

Have a good day!

--
Related resources
July 28, 2003 7:47:59 PM

Quote:
I'm just tired of people who recommend too much to people who don't need that "too much power".

It's just that! You know, If I had the budget I would buy the top of the line CPU. But I usually base my choice and recommendation on needs and budget. This is the best way to get the best for the cash.

It would have been much better if you had simply said this from the beginning.

However, even having clarified yourself I feel that your original sentiment is grossly out of place here at THGC. I have personally observed that almost everyone here who does try to help people will do their best to make suggestions on expressed needs and desires instead of just suggesting the absolute top-end. So the fact that you felt the need to rant in this manner belittles all of the time and energy that members of THGC put into helping others.

"<i>Let's see what <b>Paragraph 84-B</b> has to say about it.</i>" - Thief from <A HREF="http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=030724" target="_new">8-Bit Theater</A>
July 28, 2003 7:51:19 PM

I think TheRod has a point. If all a person is going to do is surf the web and edit some documents, it is easy to get a CPU that would be complete overkill. And for games, if you can already reach insane frames per second with your current setup, then you really don't need a faster CPU (yet). There are CPU intensive apps out there, but in many cases, especially for your average home user (probably none of those on these forums), there is no need for a CPU that would provide no tangible performance increase in standard GUI-based apps like Word or Internet Explorer.

But this is a forum for PC enthusiasts, so I wouldn't expect much sympathy towards this attitude around here. :wink:

<font color=white><b>_________________________________________________</font color=white></b>
Armadillo<font color=orange>[</font color=orange><font color=green>TcC</font color=green><font color=orange>]</font color=orange> at Lanwar and MML
July 28, 2003 7:53:41 PM

I've been striked out! You got me!!!

I agree with you that THGC is a great place to share informations/opinions/recommendations on PC hardware!

--
July 28, 2003 8:14:52 PM

Quote:
But this is a forum for PC enthusiasts, so I wouldn't expect much sympathy towards this attitude around here. :wink:

Actually, you've inadvertantly hit the nail right on the head. This is a forum for PC enthusiasts. <i>Most</i> people coming here for advice <i>aren't</i> average PC users. We don't just run Word. We don't just surf the net. We write/run scientific applications, rendering software, encoding/decoding software, and play the absolute latest games at <i>high-quality graphics and sound</i> settings. All of these things are <i>not</i> tasks done by <i>average</i> users.

THGC solidly represents that minimal category of PC extremists and enthusiasts, as do the vast majority of the people who come here for advice.

And that said, even then we will usually do our best to make suggestions on what people express a desire for and hardware that will meet their needs. We don't just suggest the most expensive products out there.

So this is exacly why that attitude not only does not apply here, but verges on insulting to many people here. That is the kind of attitude that belongs at Dell, Gateway, etc. That is the kind of attitude that you keep in mind when you suggest to your grandma what computer she buys when she tells you that she wants to get one to keep in touch with the family using email. And here when we make suggestions we keep prices and budgets in mind. We keep people's needs and desires in mind. It's just that most people who are here have considerably larger needs and desires than the <i>average</i> PC user.

July 28, 2003 8:17:53 PM

Quote:
I agree with you that THGC is a great place to share informations/opinions/recommendations on PC hardware!

**ROFL** Then why did you rant at us? :) 

Quote:

Only if it was shiny. ;) 

July 28, 2003 8:36:40 PM

I would buy a GPS-enabled soap bar in a hearbeat! Where can I find one? Is it on a rope?

<font color=white><b>_________________________________________________</font color=white></b>
Armadillo<font color=orange>[</font color=orange><font color=green>TcC</font color=green><font color=orange>]</font color=orange> at Lanwar and MML
July 28, 2003 8:41:19 PM

Quote:
I would buy a GPS-enabled soap bar in a hearbeat! Where can I find one? Is it on a rope?

**ROFL** You mean you don't care if it is or isn't shiny? I'm appalled! Shocked! Outraged! :o  How can you not care if it's shiny?! And you call yourself a techie. Bah!

Everyone knows that only shiny objects are worth hoarding ... I mean collecting ... err ... I mean purchasing. Yeah. That's what I meant...

July 28, 2003 9:54:31 PM

How about a nice shiny crome one?
July 28, 2003 9:57:53 PM

just make sure you keep all this talk away from my parents! they hear too much of this and my pc budget will start dropping :-(
July 28, 2003 11:10:02 PM

I want faster disk transfer rates, faster CDRoms,
faster memory, faster FSB and larger processor L1,L2 and L3 caches.

But most of all I want great graphics!

The loving are the daring!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Flinx on 07/28/03 07:10 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
a b à CPUs
July 29, 2003 12:49:17 AM

Having a faster system saves me money in two ways:
1.) It takes HOURS for me to reencode movies, which I do every day. I leave my computer on at night while the PC does the work. I set the program to turn off PC when finished. Having a system twice as fast would reduce my electric bill by at least $15 a month (summer power rates).

2.) It would allow me more time to do other things. Time is money, so to speak, I could possibly be making money doing other things.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
July 29, 2003 1:22:33 AM

in response to -

"It would have been much better if you had simply said this from the beginning.

However, even having clarified yourself I feel that your original sentiment is grossly out of place here at THGC. I have personally observed that almost everyone here who does try to help people will do their best to make suggestions on expressed needs and desires instead of just suggesting the absolute top-end. So the fact that you felt the need to rant in this manner belittles all of the time and energy that members of THGC put into helping others."

I didn't find it belittling at all. Sometimes people have to rant - just let em have their rant so they feel better. And I think that some people do get way more than they need but it is true that most people on here may enjoy/need the higher end stuff. But either way TheRod hardly deserves such harsh criticism - I commend him for speaking out about what he believes. A little more tolerance would be nice (in more places than just these boards).

"Don't question it!!!" - Err
July 29, 2003 7:12:49 PM

CrashMan : You are the perfect PC user!

I mean, you are the one of those who drives and push his hardware to the MAX! And that's great! Hardware makers wish transform all the PC enthousiat into one of your kind!

I would love to have the money and the need to buy more top of the notch hardware. But you know, I'm the kind of guy who never buy the rated stuff and I always think hard before buying something, even a simple CD-ROM drive.

You know why? Because I made 2 mistake in my PC buying experience. First, I bought a ZIP drive a couple of years ago. I almost never used it and now it sits in a box!!!

My second bad move was to buy a DVD-ROM, I tought it might be great to have one to RIP DVD movies or to watch them on PC. But, you know what? Since I have it, I have tried to RIP 1 or 2 movie and I checked the DVD-ROM part of 1 movie! Wow! I find that it's a lot easier to go on Kazaa and D/L the RIP instead of trying to make a good one!

Continue your great job at THGC Crashman! I often learn a lot when I read discusions where you are involved!

--
July 29, 2003 7:38:03 PM

so, where can i get one of these gps enabled bars of soap?

wpdclan.com cs game server - 69.12.5.119:27015
July 29, 2003 8:04:27 PM

The bar of soap knows exactly where it is. It's just too bad you can't read it. I hear tea leaves are a major technological breakthrough too. Apparently you can read the future in them.

Seriously though, wouldn't the persuit of faster/better other components, rather than CPU's, be more advantageous for most people at the present time? I'm thinking that most people want small, quiet, good to great gaming and internet access systems (with good office application).
The noise of the fan's is starting to interfere with my appreciation of the music.

The loving are the daring!
July 29, 2003 8:23:24 PM

naw flinx ya got it all wrong...a tracking becon is inserted into the bar of soap and a gps monitor is put in the shower....everytime you drop the soap ya know exactly where it is because it is tracked on the gps monitor

3 386DX-25's...12 volts...glue and some ln2 and a wicked amount of overclocking and you get a willamantee minus 36 pins, 33.75 million transistors and a couple hundred mhz... :cool:
July 29, 2003 8:43:47 PM

PIII - must be the steam or the water in my eyes that keeps me from reading it.

July 29, 2003 8:53:29 PM

lol

3 386DX-25's...12 volts...glue and some ln2 and a wicked amount of overclocking and you get a willamantee minus 36 pins, 33.75 million transistors and a couple hundred mhz... :cool:
July 29, 2003 10:48:00 PM

one word - multitasking

have you ever tried to do even simple tasks while encoding or just ziping a large file? then you need power. also doom3 and HL2 are already available for preorder for end of sept/beginning aug, but i agree that most people dont need such power. i think the problem with computers is they use to much electricity, which makes them hot, noisy and certainly less reliable, thats why i would always recommend lower power cpus like 2000 tbreds, and why i think 103 watt prescott is digusting not to mention impractical for almost everyone.
July 29, 2003 10:58:04 PM

Donate your spare CPU power to a better cause, like finding a cure for cancer, NASA's SETI or even finding prime numbers.

I had a much better usertitle but was caught trying to hack me a better one so I got my current title as a punishment
July 29, 2003 10:59:02 PM

Not keen on the way Windows performance is with Mulithreading. Unix is just fine with multitasking. You can even change the process priorities if you like.

July 29, 2003 11:00:41 PM

Its not the processor power I begrudge them. It is the cost of the electricity to power the PC's and the AC to cool them.

July 29, 2003 11:10:30 PM

you can change priorities in windows (XP at least) too, totally agree about with power consumtion and cost of electricity issues.

the day a 3 ghz a64 comes out that uses 10watts, even if fastest cpu is 10ghz, i will buy it.
July 30, 2003 12:58:00 PM

I'm doing multitasking. And my tiny XP 1800+ can handle it! It's thay I may have to wait a little more, but who cares! I'm satisfied with the performance I have. I based my decision on with I do with my PC! And the job is done with my little monster!

If you NEED the power of 3GHz, you will buy it and will get bangs for the bucks! But if you buy a 2.8G or 3.0G based on someone biased opinion you will probably never use 100% of the power you have between your hand.

I just built a system for a friend that wanted to not spend too much. He wanted a P4. I told him that an Athlon XP would do the job for him for less! I saved him 200$CA on the system by buying a basic Athlon (with nForce2) system. And now the 200$CA he saved will be spent on a good 3D cards.

200$CA might not seems much for hardcore PC users but when you have a limited budget it's a lot. Is upgrade cost him 518$CA (tax and everything included). A P4 system would have cost him about 695$CA, so it'S a 175$CA difference he save more than 30%. Sometimes you must give up some POWER to respect your budget. And by the I bench his system to prove him he made the right choice and it's performance are equivalent to a P4 2.3GHz.

If he had the budget I would have bought him a P4 2.4GHz or 2.8GHz with an MSI NEO2 board... But this was not the best bangs for the bucks for him!

--
July 30, 2003 1:18:38 PM

Quote:
you can change priorities in windows (XP at least) too

I know that you can in Win2K too. I'm also <i>pretty sure</i> that you even could in NT4. (I haven't used it in a few years though, so 2K could be clouding my memory.) I'd dare say that even earlier versions of NT might have had this ability as well, but not having ever used a version of NT prior to 4, I don't really know.

But basically, I think Win9X/ME are the only versions of Windows where accessing the actual running processes and threads were not possible. (Well, I think it's also still possible with specially written software, but not possible through the Windows GUI itself.)

And really, it makes sense. Win9x/ME are <i>not</i> professional OSs. They're for home users who are <i>usually</i> barely even smart enough to run a PC. If you want professional features (like process and thread priorities) then you need a professional OS (like NT4 or NT5-based, or Linux, Unix, BSD, BeOS, etc.)

July 30, 2003 6:25:25 PM

I do a lot of 3D & 2D animation on my PC, so I often use 100% of the CPU (most games do as well). I have an XP2100+ (Pal), so I am not exactly in the fast lane...

However, there are more important things than CPU speed. My 1Ghz laptop (PIII) only has 256Mb of memory, so doing things like previewing/thumbnailing a 512Mb CF card takes much longer than it should. My desktop has 1024Mb...

You will appreciate more speed (even it if costs a fortune). When I bought my latest comp, windows and menus used to appear more quickly than I could react; I had been using a PII 300Mhz for the previous 5 years. Nowadays, the speed of my current setup doesn't shock me anymore, and I even get impatient with it sometimes!
July 30, 2003 7:06:55 PM

The more we have, the more we want!
This drives Humans!

--
July 30, 2003 7:10:42 PM

the soap bar have a little speaker that signal proximity. So, even, with soap in your eyes... The soap bar can guide you by emiting beeps!

--
July 30, 2003 7:16:31 PM

naw thats not technologically advanced enough...i would say that the soap from the soap bar magnetically charges your body...so when you drop it it charges an electromagnet and the soap bar magically floats back to you....

Besides in a shower there are echoes...how are you gonna know which beep is the actual bar of soap?

3 386DX-25's...12 volts...glue some ln2 and a wicked amount of overclocking and you get a willamantee minus 36 pins, 33.75 million transistors and a couple hundred mhz... :cool:
July 30, 2003 7:18:38 PM

When your hands get closer to the soap bar, the sounds change. So you know when you are getting closer to the bar!

--
July 30, 2003 7:23:51 PM

i dunno...i think an electromagnetic soap bar and ionic lather beats your motion sensing beeping method

3 386DX-25's...12 volts...glue some ln2 and a wicked amount of overclocking and you get a willamantee minus 36 pins, 33.75 million transistors and a couple hundred mhz... :cool:
July 30, 2003 8:20:17 PM

Quote:
...ionic lather...

ROFL!!! That was just the laugh i needed before I go home!

<font color=blue> Ok, so you have to put your "2 cents" in, but its value is only "A penny's worth". Who gets that extra penny? </font color=blue>
August 4, 2003 7:13:04 PM

I'm with Crashman on the time is money thing. In addition I have to have the best componets out at the time of purchase. I'm in IT and everyone expects me to have an insane PC. On the flip side I don't spend just to spend, I just bought a 2.4c instaed of 3.2. I have a shitty sound card. Not to mention its a hobby, I mess around with my PC daily.

My mom plays solitare on a cele 333, she will never upgrade or need to upgrade.

"Bush+Rumsfield=Dictatorship"
August 4, 2003 9:48:39 PM

I don't know about the whole argument of "if game developers will want people to buy games, they will make the games run on average computers". I think games, more than anything else (even video encoding) has been the major driver of a lot of computer enhancements for the consumer pc market. Ya, you'll be able to run hl2 on an 866 with 256 RAM, but you know it will look either pixely or choppy. People with bad computers will still buy the game and play it like that! But once they play for awhile, you know they're going to notice screenshots online, or graphics on commercials. They'll say "Hmm, how can i get my game to look like that?" and behold, they'll buy newer hardware.

I'm not just speaking randomly here, i know quite a few families in my neighborhood that i've helped computerize (computer, networking, internet, etc.). There's always someone who plays some games and wants to know how to make it better. Yes, it's usually a guy (sorry, it's the truth), i think because typically guys have a fascination with building things and improving things (making things run faster/better).

So to make a long post longer...hardware will keep going because people will continue to enjoy computer entertainment. Remember to include consoles, because the consoles of today (and tomorrow) are based at least partially on the hardware in PCs. The closer to reality computer games get, the more time we're likely to spend playing games instead of watching TV and movies (why watch something passively instead of interacting with something you can change?).

I'm just your average habitual smiler =D
August 5, 2003 2:06:28 PM

for the last 17 years, i have been waiting for holographic games.

we have only a fraction of the needed computing power today.

but its the same argument, then it was bill gates saying who would ever need 640k of memory.

why did you go and get that 286 when you can play jet just fine on an 8086!? moron!!

hehe, lets have some vision people :) 

(also closer than holo-games, i have been waiting for enough power to run battlefield sims...where air/sea/ground sims are all combined into one mega game. We are getting closer to this, but not quite there yet.)
August 5, 2003 2:47:30 PM

Yeah - Holo games would be cool... :evil: 

Just a quick thought though people - another bad thing about the relentless march of technology is the tendency of programmers to become lazy...
Why write the most efficient code possible when it's gonna run lightning fast on next month's system anyway?
Why write tight, space-saving code when hard disks/RAM are doubling every 6 months?

Just thinking back to what coders used to be able to do on things like a 48K spectrum.. Anyone every played "Driller"?It was a FULL 3D engine... Okay it ran at about 5FPS, and didn't actually use textures (just different shades), but the game was HUGE, and fitted into 48K of RAM, and ran on a 3.5Mhz Z80A processor...

Nowadays bloatware is all the rage.. If the PC did not evolve for, say 5 years, games and apps <i>would</i> still keep getting better, as the coders get better at using what's available, rather than being able to sit and watch as tech becomes available that runs what they've written easily.

Just look at something like Tekken on the PS1 for example.. The first one was great, but doesn't look too good by todays standards, but the second and third progressively improved everything, while running on <i>exactly</i> the same hardware...

I know there are always going to be exceptions to this, but it's just my take on this stuff.

---
$hit Happens. I just wish it would happen to someone else for a change.
August 6, 2003 1:47:40 PM

<font color=blue>*</font color=blue><font color=purple>*</font color=purple><font color=red>a</font color=red><font color=purple>p</font color=purple><font color=blue>p</font color=blue><font color=purple>l</font color=purple><font color=red>a</font color=red><font color=purple>u</font color=purple><font color=blue>s</font color=blue><font color=purple>e</font color=purple><font color=red>*</font color=red><font color=purple>*</font color=purple>

I couldn't agree more ChipDeath. The software industry in general could <i>really</i> use a lesson in optimization. I'll readily admit that I don't squeeze every last drop out of the resorces that I could get when I program, but that's only because I like to keep that balance between optimization and code readability. I do however optimize wherever it doesn't significantly impede the readability (and thus supportability) of my code, and if all software developers out there did at least half of the optimization that I do the world would be a much better place.

<font color=purple><pre><A HREF="http://www.winamp.com" target="_new">Winamp<b><font color=blue>3</font color=blue></b></A> and freeform skins, the best thing since sliced llama loaf. (Now with more beef.)</pre><p></font color=purple>
August 6, 2003 4:32:30 PM

I'm more or less the same myself...

Of course you are forgetting the third thing - horribly unoptimized code that is <i>also</i> near enough totally incomprehensible. I was trying to fix an application, but ended up re-writing the thing from scratch because it was just too much of a mess :eek:  . turned out much the better option though.

---
August 6, 2003 6:18:57 PM

Quote:
Of course you are forgetting the third thing - horribly unoptimized code that is also near enough totally incomprehensible. I was trying to fix an application, but ended up re-writing the thing from scratch because it was just too much of a mess :eek:  . turned out much the better option though.

Ugh. Don't even get me started on that. **ROFL** I've had more than my share over the years. Hiring interns to write highly-customer-visible software is <i>never</i> a bright idea. Hiring them for a period of time not even long enough to complete the software development is even worse.

Not that it was entirely the intern's fault though, really. She did a pretty good job considering what she had to work with. (Since what she had to work with was a completely horrible example program written in Visual Basic 5 and in <i>French</i> for that matter. Comments and naming conventions do very little good when they're written in a language that you don't know. **ROFL**)

But anywho, from upgrading almost impossible-to-follow 16-bit x86 Assembly to 32-bits to correcting bad FORTRAN76 code (where all of the IF statements were in reverse logic because it was an IF ... GOTO instead of an IF ... THEN system and where all of the program-wide global variables were common blocks where the components of the blocks weren't even given the same variable names across the different components of the software) to upgrading pure ANSI C with no concept of object-oriented coding (and a plethora of global variables) to VC++ with actual classes to even completely re-writing an entire program in Python because it was originally bad code written in VC++ that had been made an even worse port to Java for cross-platform use (basically the code was so bad that in the end all that I could do was start over from scratch and use the software's functionality as the only guidance) to porting that previously mentioned VB5 project to VC++6 (and again rewriting most of it from scratch) I've just about seen the worst examples of software engineering that could ever be imagined.

Actually ... wait. The worst I've seen yet was when we outsourced the upgrade of a project to India to convert a VC++ program to Qt and C++. You'd be amazed how much more stable their code became when I did the very simple act of setting pointers to NULL after every delete command. Validating by checking if the pointer is non-NULL means nothing if you only set invalid pointers to be NULL a quarter of the time. If that gives you <i>any</i> idea of the quality of their work. (Or the fact that they claimed time and time again that it would compile under GCC for a Linux executable when it wasn't even ANSI C++ compliant. That took a little while to hunt down and fix the cause since they were ever so helpful.)

And to think, that's just getting me <i>started</i> on the subject. **ROFL**

But basically, yeah, the world would be considerably better if people actually wrote good <i>and</i> readable code. I try. I can't guarantee perfection, but at least I try, which sadly is far better than most from my experience.

And I've re-written several programs over from scratch by now and it really is almost always the best option. It might take more time initially (and sometimes depending on how bad the code is it might actually take less time), but maintanance is just <i>so</i> more efficient afterwords that it's always worth it to me. At least assuming that whomever is doing the re-write can write readable code and documents well. :) 

<font color=purple><pre><A HREF="http://www.winamp.com" target="_new">Winamp<b><font color=blue>3</font color=blue></b></A> and freeform skins, the best thing since sliced llama loaf. (Now with more beef.)</pre><p></font color=purple>
August 6, 2003 6:57:43 PM

Actually I myself prefer sonic showers. About 10 seconds you're done in your clothes and you feel fit again. No soap in your eyes. :o )

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=23810" target="_new"><font color=blue>My System </font color=blue></A>
<b><font color=blue>VAGABOND<font color=blue></b>

<b><font color=blue>veni,vidi, and ended up in THGC<font color=blue></b>
August 7, 2003 1:53:08 PM

Quote:
Hiring interns to write highly-customer-visible software is never a bright idea.

That is probably true... But I did some myself when I was a £50 a week work-placement student guy.. (4 years on, still at the same place - must've done something right..)

Also, the example I quoted was written by a highly-paid analyst... a lovely mess of huge procedures (which had usually been adapted to so many purposes that they were impossible to follow), meaningless variable names and access violations... Throw in the fact that it was originally written to run on a Paradox database, and was then ported - in the fastest, shoddiest way possible - to run on Interbase instead (but still shoved all the results into a temporary paradox table.. for some reason. ), and you have a complete nightmare.
Fixing any one bug usually caused 8 others to appear :frown: , so I just gave up and re-wrote it based on what I thought it was supposed to do..
[slightly smug]
So now it's faster, smaller, easier to use, more readable.. :smile:
[/slightly smug]

---
August 7, 2003 2:18:56 PM

Bf1942 is framerate limited by my CPU

it doenst run good on a 1700+

any game i use uses all my cpu. =P 100%

-------

<A HREF="http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/you.html" target="_new"> I highly recommend you DONT click my signature. Dont say I didnt warn you!1!! </A>
!