I8600c 2nd HDD

Pelle

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

Im planning to buy a Inspiron 8600 now i wonder how much a mediabay
for a 2nd HDD wil cost and if dell sells them without a HDD they
usually take extreamely much money for their drives and memory
So if anyone has the part# for just the mediabay!
'

Pelle

Why do you need a second onboard hard drive, I use a usb2 external to
back up my 8600, Just get the DVD burner in the bay.

Pelle wrote:
> Im planning to buy a Inspiron 8600 now i wonder how much a mediabay
> for a 2nd HDD wil cost and if dell sells them without a HDD they
> usually take extreamely much money for their drives and memory
> So if anyone has the part# for just the mediabay!
> '
>
> Pelle

ricardo

Pelle wrote:
> Im planning to buy a Inspiron 8600 now i wonder how much a mediabay
> for a 2nd HDD wil cost and if dell sells them without a HDD they
> usually take extreamely much money for their drives and memory
> So if anyone has the part# for just the mediabay!
> '
>
> Pelle
>
> Hard drives are so cheap nowadays youd be crazy to buy a 2nd hand drive.

Pelle

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

"W" <fstop@rcn.com> skrev i meddelandet
> Why do you need a second onboard hard drive, I use a usb2 external to back
> up my 8600, Just get the DVD burner in the bay.
>
> Pelle wrote:
>> Im planning to buy a Inspiron 8600 now i wonder how much a mediabay
>> for a 2nd HDD wil cost and if dell sells them without a HDD they
>> usually take extreamely much money for their drives and memory
>> So if anyone has the part# for just the mediabay!
>> '
>>
>> Pelle

Why you ask why i want it?

well i travel a lot and want to use it to store dvd images on !

so i ask the same question again....

Pelle

I went to the DELL site for parts and typed in my service tag number to
check for a media bay hard drive and it comes up with the
Manufacturer Part# C8857 Dell Part# 340-8087 for $101, 40 Gb, but says
this is for the Latitude, If I were you I would call DELL to verify.

You say you will store DVD images on it, If you have it in the mediabay,
you will need external DVD player/burner to get it on the hard drive.

If I were you I would think about getting a larger main drive and get
the DVD in the mediabay. You can get a 100 Gb for about $200 extra.

But still call DELL to find out about the Mediabay Hard Drive to verify.

>I went to the DELL site for parts and typed in my service tag number to
>check for a media bay hard drive and it comes up with the
> Manufacturer Part# C8857 Dell Part# 340-8087 for $101, 40 Gb, but says
> this is for the Latitude, If I were you I would call DELL to verify.
>
> You say you will store DVD images on it, If you have it in the mediabay,
> you will need external DVD player/burner to get it on the hard drive.
>
> If I were you I would think about getting a larger main drive and get the
> DVD in the mediabay. You can get a 100 Gb for about $200 extra.
>
> But still call DELL to find out about the Mediabay Hard Drive to verify.
>

> Pelle wrote:
>> "W" <fstop@rcn.com> skrev i meddelandet
>>
>>>Why do you need a second onboard hard drive, I use a usb2 external to
>>>back up my 8600, Just get the DVD burner in the bay.

>> Why you ask why i want it?
>>
>> well i travel a lot and want to use it to store dvd images on !
>>
>> so i ask the same question again....
>>

>> Pelle

I want a separate removable drive for the dvd images.
Why would i need a external dvdburner...its connected to a
network...........
Yeah i know they sell to latitude.... sits the same machines so i
guess it fits.....but i just wat the madiabay adaptor without the
included dell hdd ....they really charge u for them

Pelle.

walter

Pelle,

I understand now. Your looking for the mediabay shell to put your own hard
drive in! I didn't know you were on a network.

You might want to check ebay. I'll see if I can find other sources.

Walter