Apple confirms Panther is not full-64-bit

eden

Champion
<A HREF="http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/39/31995.html" target="_new">http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/39/31995.html</A>

I can hear the Apple zealots crying already. Or even bashing Apple's lying rep. Boohoo, it ain't full-64-bit, and if it was it'd never use it.

*Thinks of Final Fantasy 7's planet cry as Apple zealots' cry* :lol:
They're not humans I tells ya! :smile:

--
<A HREF="http://www.lochel.com/THGC/album.html" target="_new"><font color=blue><b>The sexiest website ever, guaranteed XXX!!!</font color=blue></b></A> :wink: <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Eden on 07/28/03 04:38 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Remember that Win95 still had 16-bit code left, and that it ran faster on a Pentium MMX than a Pentium II.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Kemche

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2001
Ya, but IIRC that's because Some Pentium II didn't have MMX. I think in Pentium III was when they were included by default.

KG

"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity." - Sarah Chambers

pIII_Man

Splendid
Mar 19, 2003
are you sure about that? I have never encountered a non mmx pII

3 386DX-25's...12 volts...glue and some ln2 and a wicked amount of overclocking and you get a willamantee minus 36 pins, 33.75 million transistors and a couple hundred mhz... :cool:

shadus

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2003
Never happen man, Apple Zealots are serious zealots, they defend until the bitter end. They're not wishy washy like gfx fanatics.

Shadus

cdpage

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2001
lol

well im no 'apple Zealot', I do like some stuff they come out with though. It would b nice if they had more then 3% of the market though, maybe more like 10% would be nice. they'd still have a solid product but might be able to sell at realistic prices... and there product would prolly be somewhat better too. Then we might see some real compition.

I can see why the OS is not a 64bit, that does make some sence...thinking about their 3% client base and all. and since that population is so small it wouldn't take too too long before they could finish that transition over to the full 64Bit.

But it is a piss off that Apple insists on lieing to its loyals.

on one hand i would like to see apple fold becasue of their consistant lies...a lesson to all companies.

on the other, i wish that they had a broader user bass so that they would not feal the need to lie. And more might have a little more faith in them aswell.

ASUS P4S8X - P4 2.4B - 2 x 512M DDR333 - ATI 9500 Pro(Sapphire) - WD 80G HD (8M Buffer) - SAMSUNG SV0844D 8G HD - LG 16X DVD - Yamaha F1 CDRW - Iomega Zip 250 int.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The Pentium II 233 was a Pentium Pro PLUS MMX with half speed cache (as opposed to the full speed cache on the Pentium Pro).

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

ike

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2003
"Well im no 'apple Zealot', I do like some stuff they come out with though."

Apple says its okay to like the Apple

-Apple, Apple, Apple they trickses us...

The customer is not always right.
If they were, they would do my job.