no sound

had to restore computor back to factory setting and since then i have had no
sound. message keeps coming up saying sound driver not installed . would be
most grateful if anyone could tell me how to do this. thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about sound

    Go to the manufactures web site and download the latest driver for your sound
    equipment. then go to your device manager and find your equipment under
    audio or sound equipment. Device Manger can be easily found in the Control
    Panel under System then to hardware
    --
    gnpmark

    graeme wrote:

    > had to restore computor back to factory setting and since then i have
    > had no sound. message keeps coming up saying sound driver not
    > installed . would be most grateful if anyone could tell me how to do
    > this. thanks

    Simply, every piece of hardware in a computer needs a piece of software
    called a "driver" which tells the operating system how to use that
    device. Windows (your operating system) knows you have a sound card but
    since there are no drivers for it you don't have sound.

    You should have received cd's from your computer mftr. which have all
    the drivers on it. If you don't have these cd's, go to the computer
    mftr.'s tech support website for your specific model machine and
    download the drivers. Follow any installation instructions on the
    website or in your manual. Usually you should install drivers for:

    1. Chipset (motherboard)
    2. Video
    3. Audio
    4. Modem, if any
    5. Network adapter
    6. Specialized software if machine is a laptop.

    Refer to the manual or the mftr.'s tech support website for the order in
    which you should install drivers and/or for any special instructions.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com