• HDTV
  • TV
  • Gaming
  • Computer
  • Home Theatre
  • Product
Last response: in Home Theatre
February 10, 2012 3:21:41 AM

Hi, I have a nice gaming computer, but i dont have a tv in my room and I would like to buy a TV and use it to watch blu-ray or hdmovies, tv cable and also use it with my computer as a monitor.
I would like to get a good one but not too expensive. it can be around 24-30 inches.
I have read that using TV's for gaming computer is not good , I play FPS games, so please let me know. I already own a monitor but i need a tv.
Thanks

More about : hdtv computer

February 10, 2012 6:01:09 AM

david710 said:
Hi, I have a nice gaming computer, but i dont have a tv in my room and I would like to buy a TV and use it to watch blue-ray or hdmovies, tv cable and also use it with my computer as a monitor.
I would like to get a good one but not too expensive. it can be around 24-30 inches.
I have read that using TV's for gaming computer is not good , I play FPS games, so please let me know. I already own a monitor but i need a tv.
Thanks

Depends very much on if you want to play say deus ex or MW3 or BF3 in 3D that would be a big deal because all those games support stereoscopic play.

but you looking at a 42" by then..... Though for about the same price as a really nice monitor. 700-1000

LG 42LW5600 might be looking into I think I saw it for 800 some where.

A decent 30" HD monitor is gonna run you 700 (a 24" 50% of that) so yeah wait a month and spend the extra 100.
m
l

Best solution

a b x TV
a b 4 Gaming
February 10, 2012 8:56:39 AM

Rather than buying an HDTV for your room, why not buy a TV Tuner card and Blu-Ray drive for your PC?

Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1850 - $98
LG Black 12x BD-ROM Drive OEM - $60

-Wolf sends
Related resources
February 10, 2012 5:23:35 PM

I play BF3 mostly but im not interested on playing them on 3d
I have been thinking on buying the TV tuner also.. but my only question is/ that I want to watch blu-ray movies , so will my monitor handle those graphics or it will just look the same as a regular dvd? this is the monitor i own.
http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-L227WTG-lcd-monitor/te...
thanks for your help
m
l
February 11, 2012 4:09:19 AM

That sounds good.. ill think that will be my best way to go and the cheapest.. I would only have to go out and buy a DVI connector, my monitor just came with the VGA adaptor and VGA cable.
m
l
February 13, 2012 3:56:45 PM

Best answer selected by david710.
m
l
!