Adjust Date/Time

August 23, 2005 10:42:03 PM

I click Adjust Date/Time but Date and Time Properties dialogue does not
launch. I have done Spyware scan, checkdsk, sfc /scannow and virus
scan. System Restore failed using any restore point available. My last
resort at this point would be repair install of WXP. Is there any other
thing I should try before doing this?

Kaz

More about : adjust date time

Anonymous
August 24, 2005 1:11:43 AM

honjo <a@b.c> wrote:

|>I click Adjust Date/Time but Date and Time Properties dialogue does not
|>launch. I have done Spyware scan, checkdsk, sfc /scannow and virus
|>scan. System Restore failed using any restore point available. My last
|>resort at this point would be repair install of WXP. Is there any other
|>thing I should try before doing this?

timedate.cpl is the command that launches it, might see if it's still
on your system

Start\Run\ timedate.cpl <enter>

August 24, 2005 5:02:08 AM

Hi,

If you are running XP Pro:

a. Start/Run/gpedit.msc
b. Computer Configuration/Windows Settings/Security
Settings/Local Polices/User Rights Assignment".
c. Highlight User Rights Assignment
d. On the right pane, double click Change system time
e. Remove the account you want.

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"honjo" <a@b.c> wrote in message
>I click Adjust Date/Time but Date and Time Properties dialogue does not
> launch. I have done Spyware scan, checkdsk, sfc /scannow and virus scan.
> System Restore failed using any restore point available. My last
> resort at this point would be repair install of WXP. Is there any other
> thing I should try before doing this?
>
> Kaz
August 24, 2005 2:35:33 PM

Pennywise and Kelly wrote:
Thanks for your responses.

timedate.cpl was not in System32 folder but was in other folder so I
copied it to System32 and the problem has now been solved.

I saved Kelly's post for possible future use.

Thank you again.

Kaz
August 25, 2005 6:04:59 AM

Great, glad to hear all is well. Thanks for the feedback. :o )

--

!