PC Freezes after opening START MENU / ALL Programs

Tags:
  • Start Menu
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
August 23, 2005 9:25:26 PM

After launching Start Menu and then All Programs button my PC will freeze up
if I move my mouse off of the Program columns to desktop on the right.

I did not have this problem when the PC was new. I believe it happen after
a automatic download.

Any suggestions on how to fix the problem

More about : freezes opening start menu programs

August 24, 2005 12:35:42 AM

Lubman wrote:

> After launching Start Menu and then All Programs button my PC will
> freeze up if I move my mouse off of the Program columns to desktop on
> the right.
>
> I did not have this problem when the PC was new. I believe it happen
> after a automatic download.
>
> Any suggestions on how to fix the problem

Please start troubleshooting by scanning for viruses and malware as
follows:

http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Removing...

When you are sure the computer is 100% clean, if you are still having
problems post back. Please include what you did and the results, along
with some information about the computer.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

=?Utf-8?B?THVibWFu?= wrote:

> After launching Start Menu and then All Programs button my PC will freeze up
> if I move my mouse off of the Program columns to desktop on the right.
>
> I did not have this problem when the PC was new. I believe it happen after
> a automatic download.
>
> Any suggestions on how to fix the problem

Uninstall the video driver you installed just because it had an update.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/
!