PC Freezes after opening START MENU / ALL Programs

After launching Start Menu and then All Programs button my PC will freeze up
if I move my mouse off of the Program columns to desktop on the right.

I did not have this problem when the PC was new. I believe it happen after
a automatic download.

Any suggestions on how to fix the problem
2 answers Last reply
More about freezes opening start menu programs

    Lubman wrote:

    > After launching Start Menu and then All Programs button my PC will
    > freeze up if I move my mouse off of the Program columns to desktop on
    > the right.
    >
    > I did not have this problem when the PC was new. I believe it happen
    > after a automatic download.
    >
    > Any suggestions on how to fix the problem

    Please start troubleshooting by scanning for viruses and malware as
    follows:

    When you are sure the computer is 100% clean, if you are still having
    problems post back. Please include what you did and the results, along
    with some information about the computer.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    =?Utf-8?B?THVibWFu?= wrote:

    > After launching Start Menu and then All Programs button my PC will freeze up
    > if I move my mouse off of the Program columns to desktop on the right.
    >
    > I did not have this problem when the PC was new. I believe it happen after
    > a automatic download.
    >
    > Any suggestions on how to fix the problem

    Uninstall the video driver you installed just because it had an update.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

Start Menu Microsoft Windows XP